Another new PC1 user!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new PC1 user!

Hello all, im new to the boards and just picked up an 03 red rum PC1 off ebay. Ive been wanting one for ages and prices have been all over the place, i ended up paying $1080 for this one and its mint! It even came with all the case candy too.

I just restrung it with 10-52s and it plays like a dream through my Peavey XXX head, but i do have a question about the truss rod adjustment. I cant seem to find what tool is needed to tweak it, in case i need to in future. If someone has that info id appreciate it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Another new PC1 user!

very cool!!! welcome to the board. i LOVE my PC-1's. they are great guitars.

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the JCF! Congrats on the PC-1! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Don't forget about pics though! They're practically required here when you mention getting a guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

EDIT: If you don't know how to post pics, read Priest's most excellent guide here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...;page=0#370213
      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

I'll get some pics up tomorrow when i can take them outside [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Another question. I restrung the guitar and was looking at the middle coil and sustainer pickup heights and they seem low to me. Is there a way to raise them - i loosened the screws either side but that doesnt raise them like on the super 3.

Comment

Be careful adjusting the sustainer driver (neck pickup)
            It has to be the same distance from the strings as the bridge pickup to work properly. Anyway, they are (should be anyway) spring loaded direct mounts, but if they have been compressed for a while it make take an hour or so to relax to the new height adjustment. You may also want to give them a little tug upward when you lossen the screws.
            -Rick

Comment

Well, i just pulled both the sustainer and the middle coil and no springs are there. Seems odd, any idea where i can get some springs?

Comment

Local guitar shop. They should have them.
                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Well, i just pulled both the sustainer and the middle coil and no springs are there. Seems odd, any idea where i can get some springs?

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Now that's interesting. My PC1 has springs on all the pickups.
                  Anyway... as stated above... local guitar shop should have some.
                  -Rick

Comment

Thanks, i ordered some from stewmac in the end. Weird that the previous owner removed them.

Comment

I asked this in an earlier post but since we are on the subject.

I am looking at buying a Jackson PC-1 Phill collen signature model.

After doing some research on the net i have noticed that this particular guitar has 3 knobs on it a volume, tone, a sustain control.

The guitar that i am looking at has only 2 knobs on it, but i believe that it is still a USA made model.
                      Can anyone tell me the difference ?
                      between the 3 knob and the 2 knob PC-1

I see in you pics you have both.

Thanks Ken

Comment

Does the head stock say "Made in USA"? Is there maybe a Custom Shop logo on the headstock? A PC-3 that has been modified to include the sustainer maybe. Any pics of the guitar? Does the back of the guitar have the dual 9v battery box?
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

i sent you a PM, mystery man. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Phil requested an additional toneknob on the PC1 a few years back, if I recall correctly, so there are in fact two (albeit otherwise similar) versions.

Comment

Working...
                            X