Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Kelly questions

Hey folks,
    Though I've been quite happy with my SL2H that that I've been using for a couple years now, I recently started playing my '94 Kelly XL again, and remembered how much I loved the neck and body shape. I'd like to retire that guitar and replace it with a usa Kelly but I'm not sure which one to get. In a perfect world, it would either have a Floyd pro or kahler fixed bridge, 2 hums, and a very similar neck to the XL. Any suggestions as to which year/model Kelly had the thin neck most similar to the XL model, etc?
    Thanks!
    www.SeveredSavior.com

Re: USA Kelly questions

The USA KE2 has an OFR, and two hums. The USA KE1 is no longer in production, had the kahler apm3310 fixed bridge, but only one hum.

On the necks..
    I don't know, but you SERIOUSLY need to consider selling me that Kelly XL when you replace it, ok?

Comment

I'm not sure about the KE2, but the KE1 has the same speed neck that the KE1 and KE2 have. Thinner and flatter than the typical Jackson neck, but not quite as thin as an Ibanez wizard.

Comment

You probably won't be disappointed either way [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Hear the universe scream
        Bleeding from black holes
        Whom horns careless
        And whom God mourns

Comment

The KE2 has the speed neck profile, as well. A bit thinner than a USA Soloist. Not sure how it compares to the imports, though.

Comment

Every bolt-on import I've ever played has the same profile, no matter the model. My KE1 is thinner than all of them.

Comment

my early(way below serial 1000 i think its 4xx or what) kelly pro std has the fuckin thinnest neck i have around
              my ke2 had a quite normal profile

Comment

Yup, I had an early pro RR standard neck thru. The neck was thin and flat. Awesome.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Every bolt-on import I've ever played has the same profile, no matter the model. My KE1 is thinner than all of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I had a Kelly XLR, and Ron (RacerX) had a Kelly XL. The bolt-on necks on those models were actually a little rounder and thicker than any import Dinky I've ever played. Not sure how they compare to the USA models, though.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.
                    www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Working...
                    X