Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What single coil pups were in my '89 dinky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What single coil pups were in my '89 dinky?

Earlier this year I picked up a USA Jackson dinky with a nagel graphic. The prior owner swapped out the pickups for EMGs and added a couple tone controls. I've been able to track down the original owner and he still has the original humbucker (J-80C) that had the matching painted cover. Unfortunately he wasn't able to find the single coils.

I'm going to put the original humbucker back in and I thought about picking up some Jackson single coils seeing how I'm not a huge fan of the EMGs. So can anyone give me an idea of what model Jackson single coils were being used in 1989 (the trem cavity has a date of 8/28/89)? And more importantly, does anyone have a pair laying around that they are not using?

Here she is as I got her.

Re: What single coil pups were in my \'89 dinky?

my jackson strat has the j-100 singles and it had the j-80 humbucker.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Why would you care? the emgs kill the stock pickups.
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
        "seeing how I'm not a huge fan of the EMGs"

Try reading next time k thx

Comment

Probably J-200 stacked single coils and active electronics, likely a J-80/J80c/J-90/J-90c or J-50bc bridge humbucker [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Could have also been any of the J-100s: J100v (vintage), standard J-100, or the hotter J100xl..... that would be without active electronics.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
            "seeing how I'm not a huge fan of the EMGs"

Try reading next time k thx

[/ QUOTE ]
            Good way to start off as a newbie on the board when it didn't even concern you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Noobpowned!!!
              So what emg singles are in there? Looks like an s and an sa? I have a soloist on the way with an 81 but no singles so I may be interested in those if you don't want 'em.

Comment

Once I find replacements and swap out the EMGs I'll let you know what they are. If you're still interested, we can work something out.

Comment

Working...
                X