I'm a Noob to the Board and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Noob to the Board and...

Here is a picture of my axes. I am particularly proud of the 1988 USA Custom RR1. According to the Jackson website, it was the first RR1 (based on the seriel #) for 88. But, I was also told that it was a 1 of a kind custom color scheme with the black/white on the front and the opposite white/black all the way up the neck to the headstock. Has anyone else ever seen this color scheme? I hope not because I like the idea of my own "unique" axe. Later!

BTW, how do you guys post your pics because I cant post these 2...

Re: I\'m a Noob to the Board and...

Welcome. Did you win this on ebay a month or 2 ago? I was following that one. It is very cool.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Welcome to the board. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Is this the RR1 that was on ebay not too long ago? That was a sweet guitar!
      Click this link for learning how to post pics. http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=0#370213
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hi Newb! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Cool pics.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

hahahah neoob is such a dumb word hahahhaha

Comment

Welcome to the JCF! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Looking forward to the pics. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Did we scare Scratchy away? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry fellas, I've been away travelling Europe. Yes, it was the half black/half white one on EBAY in Jul. It was in great shape structurally, but needed cleaned up. I also had ordered the RR Seymour Duncan combo for the guitar because I could tell by the pics that they were different pickups. So, as soon as I got it I switch the strings to 10's (I think they were the original strings, lol) then I changed the pickups and cleaned it up. I never thought that a guitar would feel so comfortable, but now my DK1 feels kinda awkward. Take care. BTW, I think my dream RR1 would be a Bengal RR1 in either blue or yellow. I just want something different.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  hahahah neoob is such a dumb word hahahhaha

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 'neoob' is about as dumb as it gets. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Cool. Let's see some pics of that bad boy! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Finally ready to post the pics.

These are the axes, but please know that the resolution is at the lowest of my camera to save space. Also, none of the marks that you see on the axes are scratches. They are smudges from my arms and hands and will wipe right off. I just don't wipe down my axes every day and the pics were taken a few weeks ago in a hurry. Plus, I play the hell out of them and I don't baby them, etc... I treat them well and won't hit them on anything, but I never worry about wiping them down except when I am changing strings. I clean them and condition the fretboards. But otherwise, nahhh. Hope ya like them. The sound incredible and each one sounds different from the other, which is nice.

P.S. Don't look at my dogs ass either...lol

Comment

Re: Finally ready to post the pics.

That RR is very unique. I like it a lot.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Re: Finally ready to post the pics.

Thanks Zeeg. Since I replaced the pickups on it from the Jackson customs to the Seymour's, the sound is just incredible. I have never heard a guitar like it. I thought my Les Paul was the stuff (sound wise), but I am blown away by the harmonics, crunch and over all tone of this axe now. I can't play anything else.

Comment

Nice man! I was tracking down that guitar on ebay myself, I saved most of the photos to my hard drive. Actually, could you do me a favour? I have this odd habit of saving photos of odd/rare/special jackson photos along with some info on the guitar. Would it be ok for you to tell me the serial number for that one?

As for your dream guitar, I think that I saw something you might like on ebay a few days ago. The serial number for it was RR0531, here's a photo:

Comment

Schenker RR! Nice!!!

Love the SL too! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X