7 strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 strings

hey, just wondering what you guys thought of 7 strings and any other interesting things about them.

Lately I've really wanted to try one out you know for the lower B. But I haven't tried it yet just wondering if there is any thing i should know about it.

Re: 7 strings

Best way to get to know it is to pick one up and try it out. The neck is a little wider of course, but the tension is a little stiffer so the B dosen't flop around as much. I personally can't get used to the feel of the neck, so I have one guitar tuned down to B standard.

Comment

Same here.
      I don't even want to learn to play the seven, because then I would probably feel not as comfortable on a six, and I love my current six-strings...
      So I have two guitars stringed with 0.013s tuned to B standard to play along with the guys who use a seven. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      Of course I sacrifice the high notes, but haven't missed them at all yet.
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

ohhh cool so you can get around having to use a 7 string

Comment

Eh, you lose that high E. I don't think of it as tuning down for the sake of being heavy, but it's a very different and mellow vibe. I use it for a lot of stuff, not just the death metal type music.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Same here.
            I don't even want to learn to play the seven, because then I would probably feel not as comfortable on a six, and I love my current six-strings...

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Once you get used to a seven, the six string necks feel tiny!!! Takes a while though, at first the seven feels like a baseball bat.
            Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

7-strings rule!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah the other day iw as at long and mcquade and i played some cheap LTD seven string kinda cool i might by it its only like 300 its not that great its just a seven string

whats about buying seven strings, strings what companies make em?

Comment

I tried my first last week. I found it really cool. Plus, wehn you go back to the 6 string you can FLY around the neck. It is almost like going from an acoustic. My hands are pretty small, so the 7 was a real workout!!

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    whats about buying seven strings, strings what companies make em?

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Ernie Ball makes a few sets. I use the 10-56 Slinky set, but they've also got the Power Slinky 11-58 I've been thinking of trying. Or you can just buy your normal set of whatever brand strings and get the low B string separate in whatever gauge you prefer.
                    I believe D'Addario, GHS, Dean Markley and DR also make 7 sets... just check the manufacturers' websites and see.

Comment

i play DRs so i just checked there site they have a few sets thank

Comment

Cool. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I play a Universe 777 and I love it. I also have a baritone guitar which has a long scale neck and is tuned to low B. The universe plays like butter and I really like the wide neck.

Comment

For you guys who do play 7 strings I recommend trying out DR strings with your 7, I found a place that stocks em, and they sound awesome. www.juststrings.com .

Comment

My 7 just got finished, but not delivered yet. It's a custom body for my RG-7620, with a little cosmetic neck work as well. Check it out! (DR strings rule, btw)
                              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                              X