Rhoads LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads LTD

I am the original owner of LTD057. I have only had it out of its case a handful of times and have played it very little (It was played live for one song in '99 for a photo shoot and a few times at home). Every time I look at it, it seems that the condition of the hardware worsens. I just got it out tonight to show my son, and much of the gold hardware (knobs, v-trem, input jack, pickup rings, and truss rod cover...not so much with the tuners) is pitting or the plating is coming off. This guitar has been wiped down meticulously every time I have had it out and it has been kept in a temperature and humidity controlled environment all its life. It is in dead mint condition with absolutly no marks, dings, chips, or scratches whatsoever. The paint has also yellowed a bit over the years. Has anyone else experienced this with an LTD (or other collectable) or have an explanation. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Rhoads LTD

Possibly the climate in CO?

I live in AZ and mine looks like it did the day I got it.

I am interested to hear what others have experienced.

Comment

It spent it's life in PA, I just moved to CO last February. PA is more humis but it was always kept in climate controlled room. What serial # is yours? I've heard that the first 50-75 had a different paint that yellowed easier which would most likely include mine at 57. Let's hear from some more of you guys.

Comment

I have #60 and yes mine is quite "yellowed". This is not necessarily a bad thing though. Some collectors place a higher value on the yellowed ones because they're rare.

Comment

Now you did it...you got me thinking! I just got out my LTD 009 and my JCF01. The LTD is not the same color white, but I think they were different colors to begin with. It may have yellowed a bit, but it is difficult to tell. I don't think it started out alpine white. The hardware is still corrosion free.

I think we need more samples...

Comment

UV light will yellow a finish like that.

Comment

I have LTD083.. it's been played but very well takin' care of, and the color isn't yellowed nor the HW tarnished..

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                X