1986 San Dimas JA0003 Arrives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 San Dimas JA0003 Arrives!

<font color="aqua">Yep! She arrived about 2 hours ago, and I'm as giddy as a schoolboy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] This thing is beautiful to play as much it is to look at. Nice FAT neck and yes, I already changed the knob as the "top hat" gibson type knob felt wrong... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Once again the seller was totaly honest with his description and the guitar is in fact in better condition than his pics portrayed which is always a nice surprise. It came with the original pickups and bridge which was a nice added feature to be able to keep it original. Custom custom in the bridge and a jazz in the neck is an excellent combo and sounds amazing and "massive" in this chunk of mahogany. The worst "damage" that you can say it has is a tiny chip in the clear (just the clear) on the tip of the headstock. It wouldn't be a Jackson if it didn't have that right? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

How cool is it that it's the 3rd Archtop built?!?!

On to the pics of course (please excuse the reflections of the tripod, I assure you they are not scratches [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]):

I took a shot outside as well so you could see the maple top a little better:

</font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Re: 1986 San Dimas JA0003 Arrives!

That is damn sexy, Dave. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] How does it compare to your 750XLs?

Comment

That's beautiful Dave - Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

String through....it doesnt get any better does it??-Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          How does it compare to your 750XLs?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">my what? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

Comment

Excellent score Dave, congrats!

Totally small point: that 80s style logo is just waaaaay better looking than the current one.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Your 2 Charvel 750XL-s (plural). If you don't remember them, then perhaps you don't need both of them. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

BEAUTIFULLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Holy crap, congrats Dave. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

simply fantastic Dave!

Comment

THAT one rocks. You have pretty quickly put together an impressive collection .. I think you're due for a family shot!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]WOW!!! That is absolutely gorgeous, so much better than the auction pics! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Your 2 Charvel 750XL-s (plural). If you don't remember them, then perhaps you don't need both of them. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">oh THOSE!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No, seriously, anyone who has ever played the 750XL, knows what a great guitar those are and they are VERY similar to the Jackson. I'll give you a full comparison later on.

Thanks so much for the kind words fellers and Bert, I may have to do that someday soon!! </font> </font>
                        Dave ->

Comment

You got her, Dave!

Congrats man that is shear BEAUTY!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

WOW...KILLER piece Dave,congrats once again! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice. The grain looks great, and the color on that outside shot is amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X