Jackson pc-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson pc-1

I am looking at buying a Jackson PC-1 Phill collen signature model.

After doing some research on the net i have noticed that this particular guitar has 3 knobs on it a volume, tone, a sustain control.

The guitar that i am looking at has only 2 knobs on it, but i believe that it is still a USA made model.
    Can anyone tell me the difference ?
    between the 3 knob and the 2 knob PC-1

Thanks Ken

Re: Jackson pc-1

Sounds like an import PC3. Does it look like this?

http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

No it has the 2 toggle switches and 2 pots (knobs)
      It has the sustainer in it.
      There is a post here about the PC-1 and the pics in it have both.

Ken

Comment

Custom Shop Order??? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Custom Shop Order??? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure i am in australia and its for sale in a music shop.
          I will have to wait till monday to ring them and find out.

Ken

Comment

It could also be a modded PC-3. Does it have the dual 9V battery box in the back? They could have added the Sustainer. Also, check to see if it is a Jackson sustainer (18 Volt). They could have put a "Sustainiac" 9V system on there too and put the battery in the control compartment.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Early PC1s had only two knobs - volume and sustainer intensity. No tone control. If it's a USA, it's just an early-ish one.

Wish they'd go back to that set-up, actually. Tone knobs are useless, IMHO. Ditch the tone knobs and consolidate the dual two-way mini-toggles into a single three-way mini, and it'd be perfect.

BTW, how the heck do you not have a screename? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Interesting. You learn something new every day. I done for today.
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, how the heck do you not have a screename? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">there have actually been a few new people without names around here lately but if you highlight over them, you can see the names. They're just not "showing" for some reason. Possibly after the upgrades the font had changed to black accidentally and all the new members are going to be like that? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I'm the invisible-man...uuh

Comment

people are probably tired of seeing this picture, but this is the difference between PC-1s. the euphoria is 1999, the solar is a 2001. notice the euphoria has 2 knobs and the solar has 3.

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Never tired of seeing that pic. Beautiful guitars! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Now just imagine the Euphoria with one less mini toggle - a 3-way instead. Wouldn't that have a much cleaner appearance? Less "clutter" or busyness from so many knobs and switches, which I've heard several people comment on as a turn-off for PC1s.

Comment

i like the 89789876875279 knobs on the PC1's

Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Don't get me wrong. IMHO, it's not a big deal, either. But I have heard several people speak about this issue as a turn-off, where they might otherwise consider buying a PC1. And, while it'd never stop me from buying a guitar, I do prefer simple set-ups like suggested.

Comment

totally agree...less is definitely more!
                              how about 1H 1Vol? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] then we'd see more of that beautiful wood exposed! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X