Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find a used Mustaine King V....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find a used Mustaine King V....

It must have the arrow headstock and the floyd rose. I have seen a few with the stop tailpiece, but none with the floyd. Please let me know.

Re: Where can I find a used Mustaine King V....

The only Mustaine model with an arrow-shaped headstock was the last one, which was not a King V but a Gibson V shape and did not come with a trem., IIRC. If you're referring to the pointy V-shaped King V's, they all had the typical Jackson headstock you see at the top of the forums. There was a special Musician's Friend version that was only available in black with gold hardware and had a trem. Could that be what you're thinking of?

Comment

Actually, that isn't true. I have 2 video's the latest being the dvd from the Megadeth greatest hits with Mustaine playing 2 different black Jackson king v's with rounded points on the v and an arrow headstock. I have also seen one on EBAY for sale, but it had a stop tailpiece and I need a floyd. I appreciate the input though, but I know I'm right on this one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Actually, that isn't true. I have 2 video's the latest being the dvd from the Megadeth greatest hits with Mustaine playing 2 different black Jackson king v's with rounded points on the v and an arrow headstock. I have also seen one on EBAY for sale, but it had a stop tailpiece and I need a floyd. I appreciate the input though, but I know I'm right on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
        That model is called Y2KV, it doesn't have a tailpiece, it only comes with string-thru. The Floyded ones are Mustaine's personal guitars so you are SOL.

Comment

Yep... beat me to it. All pointy = King V/KV1/KV2. Rounded with the arrow-shaped headstock = Y2KV and wasn't made with a Floyd. Keep in mind that Dave could get anything he wanted from Jackson, so what you see him play isn't always available as a production model exactly as it appears in the video.

Comment

Maybe his was custom shop.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Maybe his was custom shop.

[/ QUOTE ]
              all of his were custom shop [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              IIRC....the floyded Y2KV was gun metal grey, around the time he ebayed all his shit it became for sale in japan for like 20,000 [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

MOSH ON
              DAVE
              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Hey Veli, is that your Y2KV?
                [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Hey Veli, is that your Y2KV?
                  [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Unfortunately not, still hunting for one. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Guitarxpress had one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Guitarxpress had one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Deja-vu. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Wait a minute, Wait a minute.

I thought a nutnoosing should ensue? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Thanks for clearing it all up. Oh well, a guy can dream. Sqeeze her easy fellas.

Comment

yeah, Y2kvs with tremolo is strictly custom shop and they do not build production Y2kvs anymore (even custom shop too)

unless you want to spend a ridiculous amount, they are available here in Tokyo (Dave's actual one)

Not recommended

Comment

I think they actually still has one for sale too.

Comment

Working...
                              X