No announcement yet.

KV2 vs KV2T - subtle shape difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 vs KV2T - subtle shape difference?

How's that for a descriptive subject [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I tried a search but I'm none the wiser..anyway here goes:
    I was drooling over The Music Zoo inventory when I was looking at a BGF KV2T comparing it to the Blue GF KV2 just beneath it, and it's probably my mind playing tricks on me but it looks like a subtle difference on the V shape and more noticeably, the bevels look sharper on the KV2 where the KV2T looks like it almost has no bevels..

Is it just the lighting in the photos playing tricks on me or are there real differences in shape?

And on jacksonguitars.com, both are listed with "24 jumbo frets" I always knew/thought the KV2 had thin/tall frets.
    Does the KV2T have jumbo frets like the SL2H ?

Are there other differences apart from mahogany body, string-thru, 3+3 headstock, soloist neck dimension ? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I hereby submit to all of you all-knowing pointy freaks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Maybe Mr. Drabicki can chip in, as I know you own quite a few fine examples of these...

Re: KV2 vs KV2T - subtle shape difference?

All I can answer about your post is that my KV2 had tall thin frets. Sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I believe the KV2 has "medium" jumbo frets rather than "extra" jumbo. I definitely could feel the difference between the two fret sizes.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Inazone, that's what I thought...

on a side-note, how does the V balance compared to soloist shape? I really want one but I'm a little afraid of balancing issues...I'm very accustomed to the soloist and having the neck tilt slightly upward like most strat bodies will give you!

Comment

Also, the kv2 has bevels and the kv2t doesn't.

Comment

so you're telling me I'm NOT crazy, mogar? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            but seriously..thanks dude..can anyone else confirm this?

Comment

It be the truth dude. The KV2T has binding around the body.

Comment

The KV2T has no bevels vs. the KV2 (and former KV1). The differences in the pics on the Zoo site are mainly just the angles that the pictures were taken at...each are slightly different, so the bodies look different. I'd have to get back to you regarding the frets when I get home though. I have no balancing issues with the KV's myself compared to something like the KE2...

- Joel
                RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                RIP Dime

Comment

personally i think KV2's balance much better than strat style bodies...
                  Hear the universe scream
                  Bleeding from black holes
                  Whom horns careless
                  And whom God mourns

Comment

I think that the King V and Rhoads shapes balance just fine, even after years of playing Soloists and other Strat-shaped guitars. It was the speed neck profile and smaller frets that required more adjustment for me.

Well, not really. I never did adjust - traded for a Soloist. Still, my KV2 was a great guitar.
                    sigpic

Comment

ok, thanks for the input everyone! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        The KV2T has binding around the body.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Huh? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          The KV2T has binding around the body.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Huh? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I remember seeing a couple of them that had binding. I wish I still had the picks, but all I can say is that I'm pretty damn sure that they were KV2T's.

Man....I hope I'm not losing MY mind.

Comment

Doesn't look like there's any binding on them. You might have seen some Custom Shop model or something. http://guitarasylum.com/productpages.../kv2t_2003.htm
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X