P/U Selection on Custom Shop Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P/U Selection on Custom Shop Order

It has a hum and one single coile combination. The build sheet shows a DP-152F hum which is DiMarzio Super 3. I think it's the same hum that comes in the PC1. I still have time to change it since it probably won't be done until 2010. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Considering I play rock, nothing too heavy or dark, what would you put in it's place if anything? I don't want to go EMG. I already have a couple guitars with EMG's.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Re: P/U Selection on Custom Shop Order

Just get anything for now and try various pickups when it gets here. Your taste/preferences may change in the year that it takes to get here, so I'd just go with anything for now.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That is exactly what I did Newc. I got a Duncan Custom, I have never played one before, but I know I will find the right pup when the guitar gets here. Good idea.
      H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

It's a Custom order you can get anything you want & like Newc & mr426 said If you wanna change it out later go ahead you threw down the cash for it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My custom I ordered it with SD's then threw Emgs in then went back to the SD's later on.
        According To The Prophecy

Comment

Agreed with all above. I must say that the super 3 is my favorite Dimarzio though. My custom shop order has a super three in the bridge and a HFH in the neck (both zebra bobbins). I know I like the super 3, but I may not like the HFH as I have never heard/played one. I have no problem shanging it out if it's not happining for me.
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Did anyone here ever heard a "Tone Zone S"?

Comment

I think you should have the shitty bc rich humbuckers on a custom guitar.That's never been tried on a custom guitar.IT will be totally original [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I've got a Jackson with that pickup routing and I ended up getting a DiMarzio Norton for the bridge and a Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues for the neck. I've been quite happy with that setup. The Norton has a strong midrange response and the Virtual Vintage sounds really nice in the neck and it's unbelievably quiet - no hum.
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Be carefull on what you pick as far as custom options. I picked some and wanted to change 1 or 2 things and my dealer said Jackson gives him a really bad time about changing things once they are done, even early on. I don`t know if my dealer just doesn`t want to ask Jackson to do it, or if Jackson is this bad about changing things, even if the guitar isn`t started? I know I would like to change a couple of things, but now I am hesitant to ask my dealer after he said he really didn`t want to ask jackson before when I asked. What are you guys experince with this? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Working...
                  X