Randy's white pinstripe on display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Randy\'s white pinstripe on display

Thank you so much for posting those pics and the info from the card. You rule! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Kevin: that's a good point, although the way the info was worded and how it was placed next to the shortwing, I think the words were intended for the full-size model. More than likely, someone from CSUN's music department, who wasn't a Randy fan or scholar, wrote that and just goofed.

Shreddermon: IMO, it wouldn't be good form to tape a "corrected" info card on the display case. It would be immediately taken down and tossed out, anyway. Best to appreciate having the guitar there rather than make a fuss over some inaccuracies. Besides, we all know the real story, right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Shawn: Of course, the Shortwing is the main attraction for us, but that exhibit has millions of dollars worth of rare and irreplaceable instruments, texts and charts/sheets on display. My guess is that CSUN has a state-of-the-art security system monitored 24/7 with armed on-campus response, probably with plainclothes security on duty inside the exhibit during all library hours to sniff out anyone trying to case the place. Barring some exotic "Mission: Impossible" type of scenario, those guitars are safer there than they are in whatever vaults/safes they usually reside.

I wouldn't be surprised if some punks try to test out the system, though.

Again, I'm glad I was able to get some decent photos for you guys. For many of us, Jackson + Randy = Holy Grail. It was chilling to stand there and see it in person. When Mrs. Rhoads passed by me, I felt kind of like royalty was in the house...

Comment

Interesting follow-up facts, from someone I met at the exhibit last night:

He overheard Kathy Rhoads, Randy's sister (who accompanied Delores Rhoads to the event) telling someone that the guitar on display, per the card's information, had never been played live on stage! Now, I'm far from the Jackson historian/aficionado that some of you are, but I'VE got tons of photos of Randy playing that guitar onstage w/ Oz. So, ummmmm...either Kathy Rhoads & the family are misinformed, or...were there TWO white shortwings made for Randy?

Also, he overheard Kathy state that the "mini" guitar in the exhibit was given to the family by a fan. Why it was included in the exhibit and identified on the card as the model for the full-sized version, again, is unclear. Personally, I didn't take more photos of it because it looked like a cheesy fan-type of thing, not a professionally made mock-up. Interesting..!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Thank you so much for posting those pics and the info from the card. You rule! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1....Thank you!!!
          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Great pics!!! Thanks for sharing [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

That is so cool! Thanks for the pictures and information!

Comment

If you asked my sister or mother about my guitars she would probably give inaccurate information too. If there were 2 you would think that would have surfaced by now, but stranger things have happened.

Comment

Does anyone actually know the guitar's serial number? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks so much for those pics and descriptions [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Wish I could see the guitar in person, just means that much to me. But again dude, thanks a lot!

Comment

Very cool. Thank you for the pictures.

Comment

wow! Thanks!!!!!!! Great pics!

Comment

awesome!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] thanks for sharing the photos! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          look out for shady JCF'ers in trenchcoats trying to replace it with their JCF-01's [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks so much for the pictures. I'll bet it's just entrancing to be in the presence of that instrument. It would be nice though if the exhibitor could allow someone to correct the inaccuracies on the card next to the Shortwing.
                            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

thats soooooo cool but i would have thought he would've had a floyd rose system.

Comment

Thank you for the pics. The card must have been written by someone with very little or no knowledge of guitars....Floyd Rose?....every trem system is a Floyd Rose....

Awesome pics though...

Comment

Working...
                                X