Randy's white pinstripe on display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Randy\'s white pinstripe on display

Wow. That was totally cool. Thanks so much for those. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Thank you for the pics. The card must have been written by someone with very little or no knowledge of guitars....Floyd Rose?....every trem system is a Floyd Rose....

Awesome pics though...

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean every trem system is floyd rose?

Comment

Thank you! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

after looking at my photo collection of randy playing this guitar I have to assume that his family knows little about what he played and where he played it.The inlay between the 5 and 6th fret has a dark grain running slant ways through it and the first block has a grain swirl in the top right hand corner.you can see these in almoust every decent pic of the guitar and are the same in the display guitar.Yes this was played on stage and was the only white V made for Randy.In the young guitar photos I have you can see the black gaffers tape on the back of the guitar.i have also heard rumors that guitar world is going to do a full poster spread of his les paul,Jackson V and sandoval V.Some crazed randy heads that I know told me this so who knows.

Comment

Looks like there was strap button hole by the selector switch as well that that they moved to the back.I just pray they dont give this guitar to the hard rock because it will get totally neglected.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Looks like there was strap button hole by the selector switch as well that that they moved to the back.I just pray they dont give this guitar to the hard rock because it will get totally neglected.

[/ QUOTE ]
              I really hope so as well. They could give it to me instead! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
              Seriously now, it would be a terrible loss if they sold this guitar to the Hard Rock Café. Most guitars they have on display haven't been cleaned or adjusted in years. I remember when I saw Vai/Satriani's guitars at the Hard Rock Café in London (I THINK it was in London, I'm not sure anymore). They had TONS of crap on them.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                after looking at my photo collection of randy playing this guitar I have to assume that his family knows little about what he played and where he played it.The inlay between the 5 and 6th fret has a dark grain running slant ways through it and the first block has a grain swirl in the top right hand corner.you can see these in almoust every decent pic of the guitar and are the same in the display guitar.Yes this was played on stage and was the only white V made for Randy.In the young guitar photos I have you can see the black gaffers tape on the back of the guitar.i have also heard rumors that guitar world is going to do a full poster spread of his les paul,Jackson V and sandoval V.Some crazed randy heads that I know told me this so who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Man, can you send me those photos ([email protected])? I don't have any shots of Randy playing live. :/
                Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Once I get my phtos scanned Ill send them to every one for free or maybe start a web sit i have over 1000 shots of Randy personel and live and still gaining.Another thing I noticed was that the bridge is only screwed in with 2 screws the other 4 are missing.I am just a huge randy fan.I was supposed to go to the show in florida as I grew up in orlando.Still have my ticket

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Once I get my phtos scanned Ill send them to every one for free or maybe start a web sit i have over 1000 shots of Randy personel and live and still gaining.Another thing I noticed was that the bridge is only screwed in with 2 screws the other 4 are missing.I am just a huge randy fan.I was supposed to go to the show in florida as I grew up in orlando.Still have my ticket

[/ QUOTE ]
                    That's awesome man! Please tell me whenever you scan those photos! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

What did the other plaque say?

Comment

I stopped by to check it out on Saturday. That is great exhibit. It was really cool to see that guitar in person. I took some shots of it, but I don't think they are much different that what is already posted.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should contact Delores Rhoads and give her the information. I'm sure she would appreciate it and want her son's legacy to be as accurate as possible. My daughter's drum teacher was telling me when he was in high school, he did a trek down to southern CA and met her at the music school she owned where Randy taught at and just shot the shit with her. He ended up getting one of Randy's business cards for guitar instruction (which I've seen fwiw). Anyway, from what I hear, as long as you're not a nut job, she's quite appreciative of people who hold Randy dear to their heart and honor his memory.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Wow what a piece of history! When did randy start using floyds?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Wow what a piece of history! When did randy start using floyds?

[/ QUOTE ]

??

You're joking right?
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Wow what a piece of history! When did randy start using floyds? [/quote

Never...he died before the Floyd Rose was available for production, I know that that bridge was given to Van Halen at the end of '81 but it was a prototype,ASAIK, Randy cited the Floyd Rose in his last seminar few weeks before he died...
                                '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
                                '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
                                '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                                '92 Fender Strat scallop
                                '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
                                '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Working...
                                X