X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pics of My Custom Demon in Progress

[ QUOTE ]
    Isn't that your "Reverse Demon" idea?

Looks like a bicuspid [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice piece of wood there.

Comment

is it violin brown? are both horns equal length? looks great..... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          is it violin brown? are both horns equal length? looks great..... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know since I have not seen it yet but I think the lower horn is probably shorter.

And I am having the lower horn rebevelled for upper fret access.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

You are actually having a fresh Custom Shop guitar rebevelled by someone else?

Sounds like something is wrong here.
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

He's having the Custom Shop rebevel it before they send it out...
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                You are actually having a fresh Custom Shop guitar rebevelled by someone else?

Sounds like something is wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

They made an error that is all. It happens. Jackson is correcting it. It has not left the shop yet. Original specifications were to make sure there was a deep cut in the lower horn to insure full upper fret access. I specifically stated that I run arpeggios all the way up to the 24th fret.

I think someone might have messed up because the dealer came back and said they were doing a reverse body style and that he told them to put a generous bevel on the lower horn. Reverse Body Style - OK fine I thought because that puts the larger horn on top making it look like a regular right handed guitar instead of a lefty. But make sure they bevel that lower horn I re-emphsized.

But instead of following the the requested specifications of making sure the lower horn was beveled they just reversed the body and made the bottom horn just like a top one - severely limiting upper fret access. An obvious error.

Tip one of your guitars upside down and try and reach the 24th fret. I did and it was horrible.

If you spent a bunch of money wouldn't you want to correct it? - it was obviously done wrong and I was very specific about stressing that on the original specifications.

Some people get the wrong impression of Jackson I think because they are not easily accessable. But my hands off to them because from my current experience with the custom shop they care about the customer enough to make the finished product correct.
                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

If it is a local dealer, what one are you using?
                  Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                  The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Working...
                  X