EMG's on a KV1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG's on a KV1?

I am in the mood to expierement with my tone.I'm looking for more saturation...I have the stock pups..jb and jazz.Will the emg's let say 81 or 85 in the bridge steal the tone of the wood on my guitar? I am afraid it will make it sterile sounding... I play through a PB and mesa trad if that helps...
    What pups do you guys recommend for Death Metal? the jb does a very fine job...but i'm eager to try something else...

Re: EMG\'s on a KV1?

The words death metal and exquisite tonality of woods don't match in my mind, anyways, so the EMG might be worth ya wild.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

i don't play mush death metal....

Comment

Mush death metal ... sounds like you got somethin' there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

EMG 81 is great for heavy, heavy shit. I haven't gotten an 85 YET, but I'm workin on it. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Hear the universe scream
          Bleeding from black holes
          Whom horns careless
          And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Mush death metal ... sounds like you got somethin' there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

\m/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              EMG 81 is great for heavy, heavy shit. I haven't gotten an 85 YET, but I'm workin on it. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

which tonally sounds better? 85 or 81 in bridge? 85 have more bottom?

Comment

Mush or no mush, I'm assuming (shoot me if I'm being irrational) it's going to be high-gain stuff (Engl). So your natural tone inherent to the guitar is already going to be washed out some.

I say go with an '85 for crushing low ends and none of the trebley fizz, which you're gonna have a lot of already, I think.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Thats what I've been told by members here with more experience in both pups...
                  Hear the universe scream
                  Bleeding from black holes
                  Whom horns careless
                  And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Mush or no mush, I'm assuming (shoot me if I'm being irrational) it's going to be high-gain stuff (Engl). So your natural tone inherent to the guitar is already going to be washed out some.

I say go with an '85 for crushing low ends and none of the trebley fizz, which you're gonna have a lot of already, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

true on the 85,,I don't even use engage the botton for my low lead...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Thats what I've been told by members here with more experience in both pups...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've scene many threads on the 85 debate.. Just scared of change from the more conventional 81/81 setup.. excited now.

Comment

I don't see how you can go wrong with EMGs in a death metal setting. They are really clear and powerful. 85 is tighter, warmer and more focused with more emphasis on lows and low-mids. I love it on the bridge.

Comment

sounds good then.emg85 it is. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

EMGs.. I'm about to throw the Zakk Wylde setup in my KV2. The 81 in bridge and the the 85 in the neck.

Comment

I just wired mine to run on 18 volts and it actually sounds more organic/less sterile. Opens it up quite a bit.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Working...
                              X