Help with nomenclature...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with nomenclature...?

I guess I haven't been paying attention since Jacksons were called Soloists, Randy Rhoads, etc,. DXMGT? SLATQH?
    Can someone explain the nomenclature now being used?
    [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Help with nomenclature...?

SL = Soloist
    SLS = Soloist Superlight
    RR = Rhoads
    KV = King V
    KE = Kelly
    DK = Dinky
    DR = Dinky Reverse
    xMG = EMG HZs
    xxFF = Flame Fretboard
    JS = Junior Series (?)

with the numbers denoting it´s "position" in the line, generally in ascending order

Comment

SLATQH - SoLoist ArchTop Quilted Top with Humbuckers (as opposed to P90s?)

SLATQM = Same as above, but with a Mahogany body.

Sometimes the "T" in a model's name denotes Tremelo, sometimes it denotes Tune-O-Matic.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        SLATQM = Same as above, but with a Mahogany body.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction Doc! The M stands for mini humbuckers. The SLATQH has a mohogany body as well as the SLATQM.

I believe that the only difference between the SLATQM and the SLATQH is that the SLATQM has mini hums, abalone pihrana inlays, abalone topped knobs and an abalone logo. Otherwise they are have the same specs. (AFAIK)

The SLAT90 is the same as the SLATQM, but with P90's
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Actually I thought the Piranha inlays were present on the earlier models, and the full sharks came on the later ones?
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

No full sharks were on all the early SLATQH, they were Piranha on the SLATQM and the p90 model.
            Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Working...
            X