Collen series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collen series

How many variations of the Collen did they make? I'm not to fond of the current models. I have an old early 90's GFTPM issue with an early Collen model I personally like. The rounded body, fins, rev headstock. Where can you get those?

Re: Collen series

I believe there were some Professional Collen Archtops with reverse heads made for the japanese market, but I think you´ll have quite a bit of a headache finding one of those. There were also made a few custom pieces with reverse heads thru the years, if I recall correctly. Besides those, your best bet is getting a custom order yourself.

Comment

There was also a PC model in the PCS series which was the most desirable of the Collen Archtop range.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yeah, I was lucky enough to find myself a PCS Collen a few years back. I guess those, except for the Professionals, were the only Archtops to really come with a fixed set of specs. The "original" line with PC-serials, which are all custom, contains a vide variety of specs and finishes.

For Collen-related questions, Brooks (BGWwebguy) is the man to talk too. I haven´t seen him around here lately, though.

Comment

Jackson re-issued 15 of the original Collen archtops in Black, Red and Yellow a month or so back. Phil signed each one. I think Fuller's is the one that has them for sale.
          -Rick

Comment

http://www.fullersguitar.com/data/shoppe...r&search=action

Comment

Oh, I forgot about those. I wonder what kind of serials they got, regular UO or PC?

Comment

I'm not sure, but I do believe they are PC serialed.
                I saw them on the custom shop page before they were shipped and I'm pretty sure they did get a PCxxxx number.
                -Rick

Comment

I hope to see one or two of them at a guitar show in a few weeks.
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

If I´m not mistaken the series had previously ended at PC0071... so that would make them PC0072-PC0086?

Comment

Dunno... give Fullers a call or shoot them an email for the details.
                      -Rick

Comment

I just shot them an email.

Sometimes I wonder if they really have a system for these things at all. According to Brooks site his green quilt archtop got a PCS-number, the sparkly one from NAMM some years back got PCJ6044 (which is a serial I don´t understand at all), and his recent red quilt got out unserialized.

Comment

There are some SWEET guitars over at that site!

Comment

Just got word from Fullers, they did indeed get PCxxxx.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Sometimes I wonder if they really have a system for these things at all. According to Brooks site his green quilt archtop got a PCS-number, the sparkly one from NAMM some years back got PCJ6044 (which is a serial I don´t understand at all), and his recent red quilt got out unserialized.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are not many of things running around, and since they were so unique, the serial numbers are kinda screwy at times. The original run all had PC numbers, but if it comes from the custom shop, it could be almost anything. Plus, there are at least three or four prototypes running around out there without numbers. Mine is one of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X