Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My RR0640 finally arrived!

Hi guys!
    I finally got my RR0640 delivered :-) I found this at a Swedish music ad. site some weeks ago and got a really nice deal. The guitar suffered some damage on the way from the USA to the guy selling it to me: The tip of the upper wing came off, and a little chip of the top of the head also came off. This was fixed pretty alright by a local music store, and it's nothing that bothers me at all and it doesn't affect the sound or construction of the guitar. THe Kahler trem is refinished, with a couple of old parts being changed. Further, the seller put on a Floyd Rose locking nut (you can see the old holes for the Kahler locking nut).

The serial number tells that this Jackson Rhoads Student (no sharkfins, and rosewood fingerboard without binding instead of ebony with bindings) was logged June 1st 1984 at the San Dimas factory [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm really excited about it and have been playing it all evening, and it sounds great! The neck feels really nice; not super thin but very easy to play. It kind of reminds of my old Gibson Exlorer, but with a less loggy feeling [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Check out the photos:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b41/cy_berg/RR0640/

Some things confuse me:

* The Jackson logo doesn't have the "Made in USA" tag...isn't that strange? I can't see any other things that could make the guitar a fake, but it still bugs me...

* I can't find anything at all in the eletronics cavity, like a work order number or anything else...

* I wonder if the guitar is refinished; the edge between the black body color and the bevels is a little jagged (you can see that in some of the pictures)...

Re: My RR0640 finally arrived!

That's a pretty early Jackson, it's not uncommon for the "made in USA" to be missing.

I think you'll find the work order information under the bridge.

Very nice, congratulations [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome guitar. I vaguely remeber the guitarist for the band Grave buying one exactly like that but having it be destroyed on the way to Sweden.

Comment

Thanks!!

PaddoK: I got it from Jonas from Grave :-) A really nice guy! The guy who sold it to Jonas shipped it in a non-Jackson hardcase, which caused the damage to the guitar, how stupid is that?! But it doesn't bother me that much, it looks alot worse in the pictures, and it still plays really really nicely!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          That's a pretty early Jackson, it's not uncommon for the "made in USA" to be missing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes me feel alot more comfortable [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I remeber the original auction from which Jonas bought it. The guitar looked pretty damn legit, and awesome in the auction. I wouldn't be worried. I tried for it but was outbid at the lost moment!

Comment

Well, it FEELS legit, so I should stop worrying [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Do you remember what it went for in the auction? I'm just curious...

Comment

Looks like an awesome score, congrats!!! I don't think it was very common for USA made guitars not to have Made in USA but there were some. Definately not unheard of.

Comment

Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

What stuns me is how f*cking beautiful the Rhoads model is "in real life"! It looks really raw, but is so easy to play and work with...Dammit, I think I'll bring it with me to bed and sleep with it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I really wonder WHY the "Made in USA" was not put on (if this is why it's missing?! Did they just plainly forget it, or?

Comment

Congrats Kristian! Again, killer score!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Good to hear that it plays as good as it looks!

Makes me long even more for my RR to come home from the shop (that hopefully breathes some new life into the frets)!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anders
                    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Nice! Man, it seems that all RRs just scream for painted bevels. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] My dream RR would be black with gunmetal grey bevels. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Amazing guitar!

Needs steel rollers for Slayer-esque perfection now!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

http://www.kahlerparts.com/Part_Page...Assemblies.htm
                        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

could the headstock have been repaired and the original kahler locking nut replaced with a floyd nut?
                          maybe the replacement logo did not have the "made in the usa" on it....

jon

Comment

I would have to say that the hs logo was added after the refin and that is why the Made In USA is missing...you can see what appear to be sanding marks in the head stock,and the Kahler nut was replaced with a Floyd type nut(something I have considered myself)..I have RR0651,and the TM is poking out from under the nut on the second string tuner.That should at least be there if the USA is not...

In no way am I implying that you did not get what you paid for,merely inserting my obsevations to help explain the discrepancies..I believe them to be victims of the refin...
                            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Amazing guitar!

Needs steel rollers for Slayer-esque perfection now!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

http://www.kahlerparts.com/Part_Page...Assemblies.htm
                              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X