New Englanders - Humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Englanders - Humidity

Yeah the humidity still gets in the case. Mine are all case-stored too. It just bothers me that my Jackson is the most expensive electric I own, and probably the most well crafted, and the neck bows faster than all the others. Again it depends on the exact piece of wood you get though.

As far as Parker- are they still in Mass.? I know Ken Parker sold at least a year ago. Not sure if they're still located in Wilmington, MA or not. That's where they were.

Comment

Most of my guitars are stable but I have a SL1 that keeps popping up the first fret on the treble side during the humid season.

Happens cased or not, so I leave them out for ease of use.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I just pulled a couple out after about 2 years unplayed, and they are fine.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Keeping in a case is good and also it is good to try to keep temp relatively constant as well as hunidity if possible. I have found that all of my guitars move a little here and there of over the course of a year, with the most noticable movement being in the newer guitars. It seems as though the older ones a more adjusted generally and need less tweeking overall. Also, guitars coming from other parts of the county need time to settle in. My GMWs seem to require a year to really get used to being here, but once they do, everything is cool.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
          X