SD Jackson #6812

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Jackson #6812

Found a post on Craigslist this AM for a San Dimas Jackson. Seller was asking $600 and according to the ad he "needed to sell it yesterday"!

I called him, it was still available, AND he went down onthe price to $500.

So, 2 minutes after I hung up the phone, I sold my Dinky DX10 to the Heating/AC guy working in my office for $200
    and
    drove 15 minutes to meet him at his rehersal studio in L.A. to GET IT!

Actual San Dimas Plate # is 6812
    (Still in the range per the JCF forum)

It's a wild custom crimson swirl (& according to him was built for Steve Howe, who had it for a year, and didn't like it)

Body has a couple of reasonable sized chips in it.
    Back plates are non-original (one says "limited Edition #32 of 46....) [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Neck is good.
    It's been played for sure.

Active Jackson Hum and 2 SC pick ups.
    A single volume knob and three toggles for each pick up.

We plugged it in at the studio and it ROCKS!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Here's some pics with my so-so camera in my office:

Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
    Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Re: SD Jackson #6812

Great score. Congrats. Love the finish. I believe it's called red marbelizer or something to that effect.

FYI, though, it's extremely unlikely that the guitar is from the San Dimas era. The trem, scalloped horn, scalloped heal, etc. are dead giveaways that the guitar is likely from the early-to-mid 90s.

Killer score, nonetheless.

Comment

Not San Dimas, but an Ontario-built guitar from 87-89.

Judging from the Top Mount Floyd with pull-up recess and neck heel scallop, I'd say it was a very late 1989. With the 24 fret neck, heel and horn scallop and pickup spacing and configuration, you have a very early 24 fret 25.5" scale Custom Dinky.

San Dimas guitars have serial #1505 or earlier.

Red Marbelizer is what that is. The color, the 24 fret neck and neck heel and would be rare features for that time period. Nice USA Custom.

FWIW, this transitional Floyd route is rare on Jacksons, and only seem to appear on late 1989 and a few very early 1990 builds... Most 1989's have a non-recessed Floyd route. Several months into 1990, the full recessed Floyd route seemed to become standard.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah, that heel cut was definatley a later addition, but still a cool guitar and a great score. BTW My '89 KV has a 1/2 recess and it was built summer of '89.
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Kick ass score man! There's a red marblizer on the Bay. Here's a link. http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Custom-USA-R...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

You did great James.. looks killer!
            congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the info and corrections as well as the support!

It's on display in my office and will be played this afternoon at the company friday afternoon jam session!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
              Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Its a guitaR center anniversary run thus the limited edition-I believe there were blue to-Nice score

Comment

<font color="aqua">Beautiful guitar, my friend, very nice score - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                  X