SLATQH Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLATQH Owners

I got a potential deal to get a new SLATQH. All my guitars have FR trems so I'm not really used to a string through. What are your opinions on those guitars? Also, what is a fair price (range) on a new one?
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Re: SLATQH Owners

One of the best playing/sounding Jacksons in my collection. I've been swinging towards string thrus lately rather than Floyds. I gig with my SLATQH more than I do my SL2H. I'd buy a second one in heartbeat if the local shops had 'em in stock.

Comment

I own two. I love em. It's going to be a different feel for you coming from FR trems, but It's not that bad. The strings will be a little higher on the body (if your FR's are recessed). They stay in tune pretty well, but only if you tune up to pitch and have enough string wound on the tuners so they don't slip.

Contact one of the dealers to see what they would charge if they had a new one even though the SLATQH is now discontinued. I'd say just under 2k, but thats just me. Mint used SLATQH's gor for around the $1500 range.

Good luck.
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I own a trans black. They are fantastic guitars. I have owned several Jacksons, but that one is a keeper. I sold my PC1 so I could buy it, and as much as I loved my PC1, I don't regret it for an instant.

I let a friend of mine play it. He's an incredible guitarist, but had never played a Jackson. He was blown away by it. He's a strat kind of guy, and had never really been into Jacksons because of their "pointy guitar/heavy metal" reputation. His perception of changed since plaing my SLATQH.

They pop up here on the classifieds now and then, generally for far less than 1500.00. Maybe throw a shout out in the classsifieds and see if anyone is interested in selling.

- E.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I also own a Trans-Black one. It is a keeper. I was lucky and got mine new for $1500.
          RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
          CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
          Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
          Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I own a trans black. They are fantastic guitars. I have owned several Jacksons, but that one is a keeper. I sold my PC1 so I could buy it, and as much as I loved my PC1, I don't regret it for an instant.

I let a friend of mine play it. He's an incredible guitarist, but had never played a Jackson. He was blown away by it. He's a strat kind of guy, and had never really been into Jacksons because of their "pointy guitar/heavy metal" reputation. His perception of changed since plaing my SLATQH.

They pop up here on the classifieds now and then, generally for far less than 1500.00. Maybe throw a shout out in the classsifieds and see if anyone is interested in selling.

- E.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually bought this one new, and sold it to AlexL. It is by far the best Jackson I have ever owned. I dont regret selling it because I had to...that's just life. What makes them better than standard USA Jacksons is the MAH body & neck. It makes a huge difference in the overall tone. I used to love to play it unplugged because you could feel the tone resinating in the neck.

Actually I have owned 2 SLATQ's. A pre Fender with an oiled neck:

And the one I sold to AlexL:

If I was ever to order a CS jackson, it would basically be a SLATQ with a floyd.
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

My opinion is that I would love to try one out, as they are unbelievable beautiful, string-thru, MIA, all-mahagony, archtop, did I mention string-thru? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So it's pretty much a dream guitar for me. Could use two more frets though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                What makes them better than standard USA Jacksons is the MAH body & neck. It makes a huge difference in the overall tone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep and I'll jump off the cliff and suggest that the TOM / strung-through combo also contributes to a warmer and fatter sound than you'd get from a Floyded guitar. I have the SLATQM variation (2 mini-hums rather than 2 full-sized hums) and it's a monster as well. A JCF member who was visiting the Bay Area stopped by, played it for 5 minutes, then sat down at my PC and bought one on the spot. They're that good. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Makes me wonder why they cancelled them? These things are muchos popularos!
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

<font color="aqua">I have one as well (SLATQM) that I bought from Jim (sambencuda-thanks again Jim!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]) and it has become my favorite player. I also agree with the "above" that the stringthrough/tunamatic and mahogany body/neck, make it a truly beautiful sounding instrument. I highly recommend trying one if you can. </font>
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Those are sweet looking guitars!! Who owns the blue one I've seen pictures of? I've seen more than one person mention tuning problems. Is that an issue with this guitar?
                      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Possibly you mean this one? By the way, I have yet to have any tuning problems with mine, and I'm not a "light" player... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

A small upgrade [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

</font>
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I agree with everyone here , they are the best Jackson I have played IMO.As far as the not having a Floyd it did not take long to get use to.I actually prefer a ST/HT now over a OFR guitar.

I have not had any tuning issue with this guitar at all.It seems to stay were you put it better than my Archtop Pros.I think it has to do with the bone nut instead of the plastic one on the Pros.I do not get that string pop from them hanging up in the nut like the Pros.

I think the reason these did not do real well is the price and the pointy headstock.Some people just can not get past that , pointy equals 80s hair metal.That and most J/C players want a OFR on there guitars.And I am sure only having 22 frets did not help either.

Mike
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I have one as well (SLATQM) that I bought from Jim (sambencuda-thanks again Jim!! )

[/ QUOTE ]

My pleasure Dave! Man I wish I didn't have to sell that one. I know it went to a good home though.

As far as tuning goes, the only times I've heard of problems with any TOM were the result of improper tuning. I use both of my SLATQH's live and have never had a tuning problem.

Here's my Cherry sunburst......

and here's my Tobacco Sunburst

"My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Here's one in the classifieds for 1350.00:

SLATQH for sale

- E.
                              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                              X