San Dimas / Ontario Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas / Ontario Routes

Does anyone know when Jackson stopped using the San Dimas routes on the Ontario guitars? My 87' Ontario made/San Dimas plate is dated 7/28/87 but still has the San Dimas route.
    Tim

Re: San Dimas / Ontario Routes

Possibly in 1990 from what I've seen, as far as production models. The Warrior and KV have kept it through the years, but IIRC I've seen Kellys that had the Ontario route.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

<font color="aqua">I actually have a question as well, does anyone know how long they used this cover on the Dimas Jacksons? Maybe you could chime in with your year if you have one of these? Both of my soloists are San Dimas made in 86 and they have these:

It seems that these were the covers used until the most recent version of the "ontario" route? </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Calling them San Dimas and Ontario routes is pretty limiting. They've both been used before and after. The larger was part of the natural progression in the scheme of things and would have happened regardless of the move from Glendora to Ontario.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Slightly off-topic: That red strat is a beauty!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Possibly in 1990 from what I've seen, as far as production models. The Warrior and KV have kept it through the years, but IIRC I've seen Kellys that had the Ontario route.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the KV route the exact same as a SD route?
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I think they stopped using the SD rout as a standard feature right around the time of the Ontario move, and I suspect any guitar with that rout from later on was custom ordered that way. However, it might be that right after the change, guitars with passive electronics were given the SD rout. I believe that the reason for the change was to give extra room for the active electronics that became the norm with the advent of the Jackson pickups and JE1200 circuits.

Comment

On my 88' Dinky, it has the Ontario route. Maybe it was the same deal as the plates, used up existing stock until they were gone.
                Thanks for the kind words "The Steve Man".
                Tim

Comment

That big ugly ass route is reason enough to stay away from active electronics. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Can't stand any route other than the smaller "San Dimas" type.

Comment

My 87 SD plate 6583 has the Ontario route.
                    88 dinky SD plate 3099 has the Ontario route too.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

My 1988 (2-1-88) Jackson Strat has the larger route version (but still has San Dimas neck plats). Serial 5042

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Is the KV route the exact same as a SD route?

[/ QUOTE ]

The plate is the same, not sure of the actual route dimensions, if you were wanting to do fakes [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] j/k [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                        X