My first real experience with a USA Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first real experience with a USA Jackson

I've just been to a guitar shop 5 minutes away from our flat. Right there, to my joy was a 999 pounds SL1 with a sustainer system. Eerie Dress Swirl. Basically, THE guitar I want for when I play better. At a great price. Despite the drool softly dribbling off my mouth, I managed to ask to try it out, along with a Laney LC15R and a Vox Bulldog pedal I wanted to try for a while. Well it was strung with .009s and as such, didn't play to its best and had a little buzz. I'm confident that with a slightly lower nut (main problem with Floyd nuts, they're usually too high [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) and some .11s, it'd be a killer player! But even as so... WOW! The painted neck didn't feel sticky at all. The frets were flawless, it had a proper amount of relief. The Floyd pro was well set up. The DIMarzio pickups sounded pretty darn good and the sustainer system is cool as hell. All for 999 pounds!!!! Should I take out a student loan to grab this once in a lifetime opportunity? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Anyone aware of non CS SL1s with a stock sustainer? (it had the battery box at the back, but no Custom Shop inscription at all. I didn't memorize the serial number)

Re: My first real experience with a USA Jackson

The only Jacksons with stock Sustainers are the PC1 and DK2S. Considering that that SL1 you played had DiMarzio pickups, either it is in fact a custom guitar or was the recipient of some cool mods. I need to get me a Sustainer!
    sigpic

Comment

no, never heard of a stock SL-1 with a sustainer...interesting.....

if you really dig it, yeah, figure out a way to get it. it sounds cool.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Is it worth a student loan which will ruin my life but make me happy for oh such a long time? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ooops I forgot to say, it's second hand. But MINT. Though I guess that was obvious.

Comment

Shyte I'd like to edit the title but I can't. Could a mod please change it to 'is this a good deal?'? I'm starting to get really interested, especially if it's a CS...Also if anyone can answer about what it could be worth...

Comment

Most soloists in the USA go for around $1000. I'm not sure what a good price for your location should be. Sustainers are fairly expensive so that adds to the value if it's your thing.

Comment

On your side of the pond, in mint condition with a sustainer, that's a pretty fair price indeed.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Anyone aware of non CS SL1s with a stock sustainer? (it had the battery box at the back, but no Custom Shop inscription at all. I didn't memorize the serial number)

[/ QUOTE ]

No, nor am I aware of ANY production USA Jackson with a Floyd Rose PRO..... I´d definitely double check the serial number, something tells me this axe is either modded, an Import being passed off as a USA, or possibly a CS piece....

Comment

It IS a USA... or so it says on the headstock. And it's been modded, it's no custom shop, I checked Serial is UO2426. There's been some finish lifted from where the sustainer switches are, so I saw the mod. The box at the back was well installed though. But eh 999 for a USA Jackson that's been permanently tampered with now seems too much. It was a cool guitar though.

Comment

Working...
                  X