Family just got a little bigger...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Family just got a little bigger...

What exactly do you guys set-up when you get guitars set-up? does getting it set-up make a big difference?

I think my guitar feels great right now, got a slight buzz on the high-E when it's open, but it's no big deal.

just wondering because I have never had a guitar set-up before.

Thanks!

Oh and yeah, I am still getting used to playing the rhoads standing, but sitting it's incredible feeling!

Comment

When my guy got a hold of my guitars and set them up, He made me bring in the strings that I will be specifically using all the time. He then adjusted the neck, did the intonation, and fixed anything that he felt was weird. The blue jackson's neck was twisted up like a pretzel. When I got it back, there wasn't a buzz on that neck and the thing sounded just like I wanted it to sound.

I guess the guy use to be the guitar tech for the doobie brothers back in the day. Now, Mark just runs his hole in the wall in downtown campbell right down the street from me. Lots of knowlege in that noggin of his. From what I understand, he does just about any type of repair outside of painting.

The V is really fun for standing up and playing rhythm. I am still getting use to the neck in the upper frets. What is really weird is not having any markers on the fretboard.

-Nate
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

nate-

hey thanks for the info, maybe i should get my V set up properly, i dont know how to tell if the neck is 'twisted up' i cant really see anything like that.

you know, surprisingly it's the opposite for me; I am having trouble adjusting to the rhythm playing and the guitar seems to make the upper part of the neck SO much easier to manuever around. also, i LOVE having a tremolo unit, i just now learned how to do those divebombs that loved hearing on dimebag darrell songs/solos and the like. very fun stuff!

im coming from 2 years or so with my former love, a gibson sg standard, for some reason it seems like my low-E string is so much harder to pick quick rhythm riffs on, as if it's sitting lower down than it did on the Gibson. im finding it hard to adjust some faster low-E pedaling jams/exercises which were easy as pie to pull off on the gibson.

all in due time im sure [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

-thor

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Nice man!
          Love the Blue Archtop.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+2!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Nateb, can you give us some info about this archtop?
          '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
          '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
          '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
          '92 Fender Strat scallop
          '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
          '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

I love the history behind the blue guitar.

First of all. I had this guitar the day I graduated from college. I saw it sitting in Guitar Center with a 599.00 price tag on it and called it a "Soloist". I didn't even bother with serial numbers or anything. I just loved it and bought it on the spot as my graduation gift to myself. Played the shit out of it for the next 10 years.

My curiosity finally got to me about a year ago... Started looking in the cavity for marks/numbers. Started doing comparisons on the jackson site. Trying to figure out how to date or model the thing.

The reason I am even on this board at all was because of that blue guitar. nobody knew what it was until I posted pics here a couple months back. This guy over at harmony central basically said that this board was the place to go when ti comes to charvels and jacksons. If anyone could help me JCFonline could. This place quickly became my favorite oasis on the internet.

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...fpart=all&vc=1

Now, the thing will never leaves my site.[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Nate

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I saw it sitting in Guitar Center with a 599.00 price tag -Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

I think it'an archtop soloist of the first batch produced in 1986...11 guitars.

I asked you because I would like to ask the CS to make a replica of this series...

Other curiosity: is the selector 3 or 5 ways?And which PUs are mounted?

Cheers and enjoy your axe! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
              '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
              '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
              '92 Fender Strat scallop
              '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
              '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

It is a threeway pickup selector. I am not sure which pickups are in it right now. I would have to take them out and see if there is anything written on the back.

-Nate

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X