Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to that spalted maple KingV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to that spalted maple KingV?

There was a thread about it a few months ago, but I can´t find the thread and I don´t remember who ordered it.
    There was something wrong, a crack or something at the headstock..?
    Anyone..

Re: What happened to that spalted maple KingV?

As far as I remember, it got a headstock break between Jackson and the dealer....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Like most of the really nice pieces we´ve seen...

DA Archtop = UPS
      Spalted KV = UPS
      Dozens of SLATQHs = UPS /G&G
      Pat´s Greenie = UPS

and multiple others...

This is actually one of the things that kept me from ordering the Demon when it was a topic and I had the cash, I wasn´t willing (and can´t afford) to risk waiting 2 years instead of one ... BUT JCMI is working on it from what I understand [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Unbelievable!

Seriously, they should reconsider their way of shipping, this is just ridiculous. (Eventhough it makes little or no difference to Jackson directly, it would mean a world of difference in their overall appeal and customer servicing)
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

All it takes is a THICKER case with more padding to keep the guitar from sliding in the case, and to keep the head from bouncing against the back of the case. It's all well and good that a typical KV case has bout 2" of padding around the tips, but there's less than 1" of padding under the head.
          Make the cases about 2" thicker and at least 1 3/4" of padding, or load the case up with extra padding when they ship it.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Unbelievable!

Seriously, they should reconsider their way of shipping, this is just ridiculous. (Eventhough it makes little or no difference to Jackson directly, it would mean a world of difference in their overall appeal and customer servicing)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it does make a difference to Jackson. They spent time and money building a guitar that needs unnecessary repair or may be scrapped. Also, as you mentioned, the customers don't like it. Broken products and upset customers is not a good way to run a business. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

they should just send it express

less time UPS has it, less time they have to wreck it, ya know?

Comment

Hey all! That is my V. I just heard they are finished with it and it should be in transit to Scott at Vwall right now. Then a good look over, (cross my fingers) and on to me. Its been a long time coming, about 17+ months now. They have to look in to there shipping methods. To spend the time and craftsmanship on a custom like this and to not put the same effort in there shipping practices is unforgivable. I will keep you posted and send pics as soon as I get it. So if you're reading this Scott, Im waiting......... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                Im just kidding. Scott has been absolutely stellar through the whole incident.
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

LOL!
                  Thanks my friend!
                  We're just about outtta the ruff now....
                  [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X