Swee-Tone headstock on a Flying V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swee-Tone headstock on a Flying V?

Am I crazy to think that this Swee-Tone headstock shape would look absolutely killer on a flying V?

Sure wish they'd use it on the KV2T, instead of the "smurf hat". [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I mean, it just screams to fit well with a V body, doesn't it? What do 'ya think?

Re: Swee-Tone headstock on a Flying V?

I think it looks like a giant penis. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I wish they'd use the standard pointy on the KV2T. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      That sweetone headstock might fit a normal Flying V, but not a pointy King V. Just my opinion though.
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I'm with ya Shred.

I've been thinking the same thing for a couple months now.

Round horn V + Swee-Tone Headstock.

Ofcourse they won't do it.

Comment

I think the 3+3 Headstock adds some class to the Jackson Line.

Comment

Personally, I think it'd look good with either a roundhorn or KV. But yeah, better with a roundhorn.

And to those who want the regular pointyhead on the KV2T, I agree appearance-wise. But the straighter string angle of the Swee-Tone headstock would probably be an advantage to tuning stability vs. the pointyhead. (...Which is probably why they went with the smurfhat on that model.) So, from that perspective, the Swee-Tone head would be a real nice compromise between the current smurfhat and the pointy, IMHO.

Comment

Isnt the Y2KV headstock similar to the swee-tones? I know its not the exact same, but it has that look.
              www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

It's quite similar, but not the same.
                Still, that's one reason why I think the sweetone will fit a roundhorn V.
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

The Y2KV is more like a traditional Gibby headstock. Again, though, they won't do it anymore.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] You just gave me a great idea for my future "Roundhorn Rhoads" custom! Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweetone HS on a V... Why not just buy this?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think the SweeTone head would look good on a KV - maybe make it a bit more pointy, or, since it's a Custom Shop anyway, have the V tips rounded to match the head (if they'll go that close to a Gibson shape - it's not exactly round like a Gibson) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It might, but I think I like the asshat headstock on it better. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Am I crazy to think that this Swee-Tone headstock shape would look absolutely killer on a flying V?

Uhhmmm... Yes... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] You are definitely crazy...
                            Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] You just gave me a great idea for my future "Roundhorn Rhoads" custom! Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              I've had a Roundhorn Rhoads idea for awhile now, which is mainly derived from original Carvin Ultra V before they did it pointy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X