Swee-Tone headstock on a Flying V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Swee-Tone headstock on a Flying V?

I think it would look alright on a KV and at least add to the symmetry. Binding would sharpen it up a lot too. I seriously wish we had a few more headstock options with Jackson. I love the existing pointy headstocks but introducing a couple new aggressive designs (yet without going BC Rich style) couldn't hurt!

Scott
    Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

I like that Toe (except its a lefty so it looks odd to me) and thats pretty much exactly what I had envisioned, down to the lack of a pickguard even. Maybe sometime down the road when I have recovered from the current custom I have on order we can hit up Matt to put together a 10 piece run of those roundhorn rhoads, I bet we could get 10 takers on that if we keep the specs basic enough. Though it might be hard to convince 10 people to go with the swee tone headstock, smurfhat would go over better I suspect. IMO though the swee-tone complements the rounded edges best out of the current Jackson headstocks.

Comment

Well, it's technically not a lefty, just reversed. I would get it like a regular style, too. And I also think the Sweetone headstock would compliment it well, the smurfhat headstock wouldn't be bad either. Maybe a smurfhat slightly rounded (kinda like the way Phil Collen used to have his regular Jackson headstocks slightly rounded off). If Matt put together a 10-piece run, that would kick ass!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
        X