• Show
Clear All

• Neck thickness

Hey watsup
    I read on some posts that The SL2H neck is fairly chunky
    Would the neck thickness be roughly the same as a
    Am dlx tele? (thats what I have)

Re: Neck thickness

It's "chunky" compared to an Ibanez RG. As far as guitars in general I would still say it's on the thinner side. I've never played a tele though so I cannot give you a direct comparison

Comment

To me Soloist neck is comparable to recent SG Standards.
      Compared to regular Fender c-shape neck it may be a bit more rounded but the fretboard has a bigger radius at the same time (12"-16" multiradius compared to 9"). I owned Am Dlx Tele for a while, and for me there was not a huge difference in thickness.
      Because I don't say it
      Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Thats good
        Also, I was just looking on the music zoo At them and the ones with an alder body look like the neck joins to alder where the body is or is that just they have made the paint darker.

(This pic shows The Join)
        http://www.themusiczoo.com/jacksonSL...aboU15016.html

Comment

It's an effect caused by how the wood is cut - necks are quartersawn, bodies are generally flatsawn.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

BTW, some SL2H necks are thicker than others. My '01 SL2H is on the thin side whereas Kmanick has a SL2H (with a fancy top - not sure the year but a few years old) which has a thicker profile.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Neck specs are in the back of the 2003 catalog. See the "Resources" section above.

Comment

All Jackson necks are hand shaped, at least in the final stages. This will lead to some sample variation. Generally, the USA Solist is one of the thicker profiles Jackson offers.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

yeah, the actual thickness may vary. USA Soloist and RR have the same specs in catalog but my SL2H and RR1T have slightly different feel. Though in general they are very close.

The thickest Jackson USA necks among all regular production are Phiill Collen. And a couple of years ago it was JJ
                  Because I don't say it
                  Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Working...
                  X