No announcement yet.

Project Strathead (Finished, Many Pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project Strathead (Finished, Many Pics)

Wow! That is beautiful. Congrats on a job very well done and extra kudos on your obvious patience and eye for perfection! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Sully; thats awesome! the work on the guitar was fantastic, and yours looks great aswell. Thats probably the chrome floyd I seen you'd snapped up overnight once when I was looking for mine [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks man. interesting that we both wound up going metallic with them, and yes, that's the chrome floyd i picked up in the classifieds. my only issue with the body is that it's too small, and i'm not what many would describe as short. i think that if the horns were a little bit longer, or the cutaways were a little deeper it would be better for me. so i have no idea what i'll wind up doing with mine. glad you're feelin as well as can be expected!

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Your project turned out great! I have 2 Jackson woodburn strathead necks, one ebony and one maple and they are great necks. I don't even look at pointies anymore and in the middle of eliminating the pointy headstock from my stable...gonna be all stratheads [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

If only I'd let it go shawn you coulda had the full set of three with this rosewood board [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          and yeah sully, I was wondering why it wasnt feeling ike a jackson body, I think the horns could be longer, and the body wider or taller, a larger 'bout' if you will. Regardless it fits like a glove to me (5'11) and I'll be buried with it, quite literally if I keep using the coffin case for it.

Comment

How bout a cool pick of the gold axe and the classic ride together? [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Looks kind of like a classic Mopar product from the states.

Comment

As soon as I'm bouncing around that photoshoot is on the cards dude [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I could talk about the car and its history more then I could about jacksons. I'll try to be brief. Its a Holden, known then as GMH, a genernal motors branch started by the aus government after the war. My car is an update from an 'ugly' design, helped by their ties to the states. So there really is quite a bit of US in there. Just like my new axe!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

very very cool post...I see myself attempting a project like this in the not-so-distant future...

Nice work and looks great!

Comment

Very cool project with excellent results. Congrats on a job well done!

Comment

Working...
                  X