Just got this - PC1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got this - PC1

Haven't posted for a while & thought this might be a good opportunity. We don't see too many of these over here - I went to a guitar show in Birmingham & was told by the Fender guy that if I ordered one, it'd take a year to get to me. Bugger that. Bought it on e-bay - the only one I've seen on e-bay from the UK. Think it's a 2001, but immaculate & all working properly:-

A lovely player. The Fender guy says the necks are huge - maybe he has small hands - it's really comfortable & feels as good as the Wolfgang I usually favour. No fret markers is confusing, but I hope it'll force me to learn to play properly rather than finger watch! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Re: Just got this - PC1

I have one and its my favorite guitar of all time. Tone is unbeatable. Playability is fantastic.

Although they do have the biggest neck I have ever played - but it fits my hands perfectly - I love it. Fretwork is spectacular.

Good choice - Jacksons finest guitar but that is just my own opinion. Congrats!

Oh yeah, want to improve the sound of it - get a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 pick up for the bridge. Adds depth, sustain and clarity.
    Also, I blocked the tremelo and it improved the tone as well and made vibratos deeper.
    The guitar is killer without these 2 minor improvements but it will sound even more amazing.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I love mine as well and the neck is perfect.
      Best guitar I own. I personaly like the Super 3 myself.
      I also have a PC-3 with the same DiMarzio setup as my PC-1 minus the sustainer of course.
      -Rick

Comment

Fantastic looking top and sunburst on that! Enjoy it [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Woaaaaah. That's pretty freakin' schweet! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
          Congrats!

Comment

Looks like the one I sold (including the sweet flame on the neck). What # is it ?
            Great guitars BTW - wish I didn't sell mine.. I only have 1 left !

Comment

My PC1 (Euphoria) is my number one, don't go anywhere without it, guitar..absolutely the finest guitar I've ever played or owned.
              +1 on the Super 3 as well!
              DiMarzio Endorsee
              www.dimarzio.com
              Morley Endorsee
              www.morley.com
              "Intelli-Shred" author
              www.myspace.com/intellishred
              NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Thanks guys - got a day off, so have been playing it. Nice. Sounds & feels great - & the sustainer is a cool toy! It's #5103 from 2001 in Solar - I think it was imported as new & sold to the guy I bought it off by a shop in Brighton (South Coast of UK - not far from where I am). I bought it based on what I'd read & seen in threads on this forum - and the growing list of features I'd like on my ideal guitar - so thanks again all! Don't think I'll be changing the P/Ups just yet - I like to keep things mainly stock. I'll bear in mind the suggestions if I do head down that road, but it's sounding pretty good to me as it is. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I don't usually like centre pickups as they get in the way when I pick, but this one seems ok. I've also got a Soloist (SL2H) & the volume control is too near where I have my hand & I keep hitting it when picking on the thinner strings - again, it's out of the way on this guitar. The Floyd works nicely & I guess the thicker stock strings mean more tension on the springs (?) & it's more difficult to put out of tune when I palm mute. Whatever, it's feeling more comfortable by the minute! Has anyone out there tried the "Tremol-no" or similar? I like the EBMM EVH & Peavey Wolfgang d-tuner, but obviously need to set the Floyd so that it drops pitch only. I think the Tremol-no is easily reversible, so when not using the d-tuner, I can still use the Floyd as originally intended?
                Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Wow, that is a beautiful guitar! Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I've never played one but definitely want to after reading the great reviews here. Guitarnut, I'm a big fan of Wolfies also (I own 2), so I'm eager to try a PC1 for comparision.
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto. What everyone said. My all time favorite guitar. You have a nice Solar finish. It's got a nice defined darker burst on the outside. A little more than I'm used to seeing. Quite nice actually!
                    Nice Score!
                    Cheers [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I love my PC1...looks, sound, playability, great score and congrats...I prefer the new strat head version, but not enough to let go of my current one...maybe I'll add to the stable ...

Comment

Nope - not mine, though the ser# is close. that was my favorite player out of my PC's.... I am usually a Duncan guy, but I do like the Super 3 with that guitar... enjoy !

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] That's a beauty! Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Very nice, a PC-1 is on my wish list. I have a 2001 SL2H and the neck on it is a little chunkier than any other soloist I've ever played, so the Pc-1 neck felt right at home as soon as I picked it up.
                            gotta get one
                            Congrats I like solar too!
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                            X