Loose Trem arm in case wrecks finish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose Trem arm in case wrecks finish.

I put this here since it's a USA I'm talking about. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I opened my case this morning as usual and the trem arm was ontop of the body of my guitar. Aparently it gashed a 2"+ line in the finish of the body. Not to the wood but in the clear coat leaving a nice deep white line. Now, I always place the trem arm in the case in the accessory pocket so... no, I didn't f' this up. This has hapened before(not the damage), I would open the case and find the arm somewhere around the neck or simply not in the proper spot.

Has this happend to anyone?

Well, off to a show now to show off my new scratch. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Re: Loose Trem arm in case wrecks finish.

what kind of case are you using? I have a bunch of allen keys, and a trem arm, AND a truss rod wrench in one of my King V cases, and they never move from the little accessory pocket.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

It happened to me on a Soloist Pro headed back from a refin at GMW. Yes, the trem arm came loose in shipping and scraped a line in the brand new finish. Luckily it was on the back of the guitar, but still...suck!
      sigpic

Comment

I bought a custom soloist off ebay not long ago, and when I received it, the vol knob was not where it was supposed to be. Ya know them knurled knobs, rolling around a nice pristine black surface left several small white dinks, rolls and scratches. 8(

Comment

I have had 4 or 5 guitars shipped to me over the years where this has happened. Totally sucks.

I now ask/specify that the trem arm is wrapped or placed in an envelope before being palced in the accessories part of the case.
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I had the trem springs come loose when my soloist was shipped to me. the trem was removed and everything was in the compartment. good thing the floyd itsself wasn't banging around in there.

Comment

I bought a SL-1 off Ebay and when it arrived the trem arm was magneticly charged to the humbucker or it would of been rolling around in the case creating havoc!
              RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
              CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
              Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
              Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Sorry to hear of your accident. I had an experienced dealer ship me a custom shop guitar with a loose trem arm floating around in the case. It caused a ding on the top of a brand new one of a kind guitar. I was really pissed. I've also had sellers on ebay do that. You not only have to watch for trem arms, but strap locks, wrenches - any part that can scratch a finish. If its a valued guitar, they should be in the case compartment and placed in a sealed bag, whether for shipping or moving the guitar to gigs & back. Never just assume people know how to ship or pack a guitar safely. Tell them how you want it done and why. I've never had anyone not do my instructions perfectly when they're asked nicely!
                Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

That happened to me once. It turned out that the accessory pocket wasn't tight enough around the edges, so every thin object I would put there would just slip out of it. Luckily the trem arm didn't do any damage to the finish.
                  -Janne

Comment

Never seen such a thing. I leave all kinds of loose stuff in my cases and it's never wandered out of the compartment area. I guess I may have to stop doing that!

Comment

Got a brand new PC1 and one of the string clamps from the Floyd lock nut was rolling around in the case.

Luckily, no damage.

Whenever I ship a guitar, I always put the accessories (wrenches, trem arms, etc.) in a small bubble pack pouch and tape it shut. And then I label it so the recipient won't throw it out.

You can't be too careful.

- E.
                      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

+1 - I do that too. I never leave anything in the case loose. Have had it happen before. Sucks.

Comment

my DXMG arrived wrapped in thin static material and the tremolo arm cellotaped around the material-covered headstock. my WRMG never came with a trem (bastards). it's suddenly dawned on me as to why every bc rich i got was caked in scratches - the trem bar is cellotaped to the box next to the body(!)

--------------------------------------
                          I'd feel Lethargic too if I had to come home to that
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I ALWAYS get senders to tape these items in the accessory compartment. I've seen trem arms leave the compartment during a long journey (usually with UPS [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]) and do serious damage. So now I get people to tape 'em down inside.
                            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Well now that it's happened once. It won't happen again. I've been putting the trem arm and other accessories in a ziplock bag.

Comment

Working...
                              X