Thoughts on a PC1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thoughts on a PC1

It's not as simple as it would be for a normal guitar.
    You would have to splice the connector onto the new pickup so it can work with the sustainer.
    The two fat grey leads go to the 5-way.
    The single medium sized grey lead is for the tone control.
    The single thin grey lead is for the sustainer driver.
    The black/red lead in the center of the board is for the intensity control knob.
    The black/red lead on the top left is for power.
    The leads on the bottom lower edge are for the pickups.
    There are also connections on the other side as well.. they go to the jack plate.
    There is also an open connection on the right side of the board... not sure what it's for as it's not marked.
    And yea... it's a pretty full electronics cavity.
    -Rick

Comment

Aha thanks for clearing that up [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] . The connector looks like a (jumper-) connector that's used for the power/reset/hdd switch etc on a motherboard.
      I've been told that the sustainer is designed to work with a Super Distortion and a HS-2. I’m wondering if pickups, like a X2N will "damage" the system?

Comment

Super3, not a Super Distortion.

Comment

No don't worry about damage. I switched my bridge to a SD Custom and it works fine.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Hehe, I forgot the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I see, so I don't have to be afraid - for a burst of fire coming out of the cavity [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The sustainer should work with any humbucker regardless of manufacturer.
              Just make sure you wire it up properly... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              -Rick

Comment

Working...
              X