Info on serial number on a SL2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on serial number on a SL2H

Hi, i have bought a SL2H burnt cherry sunburst on ebay, but there isn't a serial number!the guitar is very beautiful and sound really good, but the missing serial number let me think that i have a fake, it's possible?

Re: Info on serial number on a SL2H

Could be. Let's see some pics, that will help identify what you've got.

Comment

Or post a link to the auction.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Pretty hard to fake a neck-through. Mistakes happen, could've come out of the custom shop that way. More likely, it was stolen and the serial # was sanded off.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

this is the link of the auction.

Comment

Nice [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Maybe the guy just doesn't know the serial number is on the end of the fretboard? He may be a "Fender/Gibson guy" and thinks it should be on the head.
            Ask him to look on the end of the fretboard for it, if he hasn't shipped it yet.

Of course, if it's really a new guitar, it should have a hang tag with it that has the serial on it.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

too late, the guitar is arrived today, the hang tag is the only missing, it cames with original hard case, guaranty certificate and the key

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Pretty hard to fake a neck-through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Carvin sells blank paddlehead neckthrough parts cheap enough. While it's harder to do than just bolting Warmoth parts together and slapping a Fender logo in the head, you only need to make a neckthrough look good enough in pics to con someone into buying it.
                If you've got experience in putting them together, you can get away with it for years and build a solid reputation at it.
                Ed Roman did it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  too late, the guitar is arrived today, the hang tag is the only missing, it cames with original hard case, guaranty certificate and the key

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting that it had the warranty card but not the hang tag [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

For that reason I'd say it wasn't really "New" (factory new) but new old stock, but even then it should have had the hangtag that shows who did the wiring and inspections.
                  Unless some idiot at the store took it off.

Anyway, can you take a good clear picture of the end of the fretboard and post it?

Comment

at the end of the freatboard there is no trace of a serial number or that it was sanded off, it's like the other frets

Comment

It doesn't really look like a fake in those eBay pics... the only thing that strikes me as unusual about it is the placement of "Made In USA"... but that has varied so much through the years that it probably isn't strange at all...
                      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

in the switch and pot's room there is wrotten 11-23 SL-2H F BCS.

Comment

Could be a year old,I'm thinking the 11-23 is the date and sl2h f bcs is model floyd and burnt cherry sunburst. The pic in the auction is 11 20 2005 so the 11-23 must be from 2004.I was looking at that too its a nice looking guitar.

Comment

i ask to the seller, he wrote:
                            Hello Ale- I checked with the dealer I got the guitar
                            from and he said that after Fender took over Jackson,
                            some of the USA Soloists were shipped out without
                            being numbered. Glad you are enjoying the guitar.

true?

Comment

1st time I heard that.

Comment

Working...
                              X