Re: Info on serial number on a SL2H

[ QUOTE ]
    after Fender took over Jackson,
    some of the USA Soloists were shipped out without
    being numbered.
    true?

[/ QUOTE ]
    *cough* [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] *cough*
    Everyone (regular production pieces) gets a serial number... it's called inventory tracking.
    Accountants and auditors are picky about things like that. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Even CS orders and NAMM pieces still have a number on the guitar somewhere. Stamped and/or handwritten, it has a number.
    -Rick

Comment

Absolutely true...

A number of USA Jacksons left without a serial number in the months after the move. Many times they just forgot. It would be on the hang-tag, but not on the guitar.

One member here even had Matt send his back to Jackson to get serialed... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's also happened occassionaly before, and since then as well. People make mistakes. Not stamping the serial number is one of them. There have also been a number of them in the past, sometimes referred to as Employee Projects or Artist Guitars. These may have been either, or the guitar just may have escaped without one.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

...so you have a rare non-serialized SL2H, tibiuccio! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I agree with Xenophobe on this one. Last year I was waiting for a King V to arrive at a local dealer. When it showed up I was the one who unpacked it from the original box and noticed there was no serial number stamped into it although the hang tag did have a serial number. It ended up being shipped back to Jackson.
          I also have a Kelly with the correct serial number on the guitar and hang tag but they forgot to write in a date on the hang tag and that is blank.
          And finally, my custom shop Rhoads arrived with a slightly different serial number on it than the hang tag says. In fact the serial number stamped into the guitar according to their charts was built a couple years before I ordered it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Mistakes of this sort happen.

Rudy
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I'm happy that my sl2h is not a fake, thanks guys

Comment

Yeah well, the difference between serial numbers makes a BIG differance, because if you ever wanna see the guitar to a serious guitar buyer in the future, its really worthless without the serial number.. well not worthless, but you get it ^^

Comment

If that's a fake then it's just as good as a real Jackson!
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

What would you do if the guitar ever got stolen? Without a ser # you'd be pretty much screwed. It may well be worth your time and money to ship it to Jackson for a stamping (and documentation of such). At the very least I'd stamp or carve something in an inconspicuous place so you could identify it as yours. Maybe inside the control cavity or trem cavity. The best place would probably be under one of the pickups. Just some thoughts.
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yea.. with the removal of my JSkelly neck, there will be no serial on it.. but its just a JSkelly so guess it doesnt matter TOO much.. heh

Comment

Nice guitar! Congrats. Post up a few more pics when you can.

Comment

the problem is that i'm in italy, and shipping 2times the guitar to jackson will be dangerous(for the guitar) and expensive( for me!). I'll post some pics soon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hehe give a dozen unmarked SL-2's and remember no tricks.

Comment

Working...
                          X