Custom Shop Set Neck Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom Shop Set Neck Jackson

Oh so the set-necks are like those high end Ibanez models.. where theres no neckplate, just like a pocket for the neck and its set in... makes sense I guess

Yea seems pointless when a neckthru is an option, but I guess different neck woods combined with body wood would do the difference, I personally would just love a nice neckthru guitar, any is better than what I have lol

Comment

I see your points about if the guitar is all mahogany, but I may get a maple neck set into a mahogany body, the tone is godly on this combo and the body gives most of the tone, but with the maple neck if you get it tung oiled it is fast and smooth, think Zakk Wylde LP Custom. Don`t get me wrong, I love neck thrus, but not if it has a maple neck, too much maple tone going on. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        is there a noticable difference in tone between an all mahogany setneck guitar and an all mahogany neck thru guitar?
        with joints at the same fret, of course.
        I doubt it since jackson's neck thru style uses two pieces for the center block, I think,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.. the Neckthru construction (all other things being equal) will yield a strong low mid spike and a minimally faster response.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Oh so the set-necks are like those high end Ibanez models.. where theres no neckplate, just like a pocket for the neck and its set in... makes sense I guess

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda like that, but different [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The neck pocket on a set neck is thicker on the inside, and the neck heel (tenon) is more narrow than a bolt-on neck heel, and there's usually a lot less wood for the pocket than even the smallest Ibanez All Access Neck Joint pocket. At least on the outside of the body - there's more wood on the inside of the body, and it's probably equal in total mass to a regular bolt-on pocket.

Look around on Ebay for set-neck projects and you should see pics of necks and bodies and see how they fit together.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            is there a noticable difference in tone between an all mahogany setneck guitar and an all mahogany neck thru guitar?
            with joints at the same fret, of course.
            I doubt it since jackson's neck thru style uses two pieces for the center block, I think,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.. the Neckthru construction (all other things being equal) will yield a strong low mid spike and a minimally faster response.

[/ QUOTE ]
            thanks. the low mid spike makes sense to me.
            considering my maple neckthru carvin and maple setneck guitars.

Comment

I thought you had a custom Jackson with those specs on the way? What is the difference between that one and this?
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Hrm quite a few seem interested in a 750xl custom. I smell limited run! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me in on dat!
                750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I'd love to have a 750XL. especially in red to black burst on quilted maple [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] no inlays either but with side dots on a bound ebony neck [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                  93 USA Soloist EDS
                  USA HT6 Juggernaut
                  Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I was mostly joking, aside from the fact the side dot/red black burst isn't really a 750xl repro, its just not really worth the cost (probably) since I dunno that a set neck will be much cheaper than a neck thru. Your probably looking at 2750-3000 for it (not including dealer run discounts or anything like that, also note thats just a random number not based on any computation of an actual spec).

I'd much rather wait for a strathead option and try to do a limited run of San Dimas IV's. (quilt flat top, creme bound, pau ferro board, matching headstock, koa neck and body)

Comment

I do!! I have a 1 hum all natural mahogany Soloist coming some day [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] I just would like a cool set neck shredder, and why not a Jackson. I may just get another Hamer Chapp Custom, but I hate middle and neck pickups. So I figured get a Jackson with the set neck and just get 1 humbucker. To do a set neck with just 1 humbucker, I beleive I would have to have a cap on it, no biggie. I would hopefully be able to get the JJ shape, I love double cuts like that. Maybe just get a set neck Fusion with a bigger rounder neck profile, the original Fusions had tiny necks. I am thinking more LP `59 shape. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I do!! I have a 1 hum all natural mahogany Soloist coming some day [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] I just would like a cool set neck shredder, and why not a Jackson. I may just get another Hamer Chapp Custom, but I hate middle and neck pickups. So I figured get a Jackson with the set neck and just get 1 humbucker. To do a set neck with just 1 humbucker, I beleive I would have to have a cap on it, no biggie. I would hopefully be able to get the JJ shape, I love double cuts like that. Maybe just get a set neck Fusion with a bigger rounder neck profile, the original Fusions had tiny necks. I am thinking more LP `59 shape. Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are thinking about the LP jr shape, Hmaer would do it, but they are fixiated on those crappy kluson tuners right now.
                        [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Till they get their heads put of their asses and remamber that "Custom" usually involves allowing the buyer to get it to their spec, I'd avoid.

I thought J/C won't do the Jr shape? some type of gentlemans agreement between Gibby and Fender?
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Well, they did the JJ Junior Double cut shape, should be cool. I like the DC better than the SC, better access. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                          X