whats wrong with my fretboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats wrong with my fretboard?

ok i have RR 2417, valley of lost souls, rear loaded, 1989, jackson buckers. awesome axe

heres an old pic of the serial number that i took when i got it earlier this year.

now

this is the first time i've looked at the serial number closely since its been refretted. perhaps the luthier gave my fretboard a light sanding or something? is that standard procedue when doing a refret? or maybe the temperatue change this winter has caused the wood to move or something? you can hardly see the number 2 or 7, it sucks! whats up?

Re: whats wrong with my fretboard?

Yeah, looks like it was sanded. Look at the grain cracks around the "RR" in the serial. They're a lot less prominent - more shallow - in the new pic.

Comment

It was sanded...this is standard procedure for a refret.

Comment

Sanding the fingerboard is standard with a re-fret. I'm sure that's what happened. You could always ask the guy who did the work for you!

Comment

if only he could have not sanded that last end of the fretboard......

Comment

Yep. My rhoads looks the same after a refret/ No biggie. Play it and dont worry about it.

Comment

but if he wants to sell it, its gonna be hard to without the serial there.. keep those photos for proof tho, cause least you can still make out the numbers kinda when its sanded, just really hard now.. or hope its printed like inside the body somewhere

Comment

Not that big of a deal, if you can find a punch set with the same typeface or font, or whatever you call it. You could just re-punch it a little deeper.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

This sort of dealy:

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/s.nl/sc...t.A/id.5736/.f

Comment

hmm good idea..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      but if he wants to sell it, its gonna be hard to without the serial there.. keep those photos for proof tho, cause least you can still make out the numbers kinda when its sanded, just really hard now.. or hope its printed like inside the body somewhere

[/ QUOTE ]

shit...is that really true? my RR-1 doesnt have a serial number on the last fret....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shit...is that really true? my RR-1 doesnt have a serial number on the last fret....

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be a fake. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

not all guitars have the serial on the last fret, but I think having a serial definately helps more than hurts.. check around for it, maybe its on the back of the neck, or inside the electronics somewhere.. or I dunno heh

Comment

Did you just not like the skinny fret wire on it already? Because it really didn't need a fret job. Sucks that he sanded down the serial...By the way, I have additional pictures of the serial, however looks like you got a good one too...
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

it needed a fretjob. alot of the frets would just ring dead, and the 13th fret on the Low e and a wouldnt even play an F, it would just register an F#. the high E would constantly get stuck under the first fret if i was hitting it hard enough.

the guitar plays like an entirely different guitar now though. definately worth the refret.

Comment

Working...
                              X