Custom shop order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom shop order

I'm sure this has been asked a dozen times, so sorry. I'm curious where the best place is to order a custom Jackson?

What should I expect? I mean how long does it normally take to receive it, is the full amount paid up front and what happens in the unlikely event I don't like it?
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Re: Custom shop order

Matt at Matt's Music or Scott at VWall... either one will take care of you. Both have layaway plans of some sort... email them both for specifics...
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Can't say for sure what happens if "you don't like it", but I would imagine that's wholly your problem, and you'd have to sell it.....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

drum city gtr land

Comment

What about for canada? hehe

Comment

What about it? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

A Custom Shop is kinda like a tattoo - make sure you get something you're gonna want forever, cuz it's nearly impossible to get rid of (that is, for anywhere near what you paid for it).

A Custom Shop guitar is not something to order simply as a "Status Symbol" - something to say "yeah I've got one too" - you should research as many different models past and present as you can, from many different brands, and pick the features you want (neck profile, wood, frets, etc etc), not just 'SL1 with reverse head', unless of course that's all you want.
            For the money you'll pay, even if all you want is a reversed headstock on an SL1, you may as well have a definite opinion on your favorite body wood, fretboard wood, neck wood, inlay style and material, pickups, bridge, knobs/control layout, etc etc and get that on it as well.

Of course, fewer/less expensive options means a lower price, but you can still expect to pay more than for a USA Select.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I ordered through Matt at Matt´s Music and I´m MORE than happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Matt is THE MAN!!! Everything have gone sooo smoothly so far.

Comment

Ditto on both Newc and Tommi's posts...

Comment

yea.. I have a body design I would love to make.. but I think a custom price would be WAY over my head, when it is just easier to spend $600 on wood myself and attempt to make it with the help of some local woodworkers/luthiers.. only problem is I have no idea how I would route a floyd cavity.. that might be a major problem hah..

Comment

St James - I'd be happy to help answer any questions you might have and walk you through the ordering process. We currently have about 60 custom shop guitars on order for other customers, so it's safe to say I know how the process works!

You can contact me via PM, phone, email or live chat on our website. I'm available Monday through Saturday to answer your questions.

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Matt's Music Center
                    35 Pleasant St
                    Weymouth MA 02190 USA
                    781-335-0700
                    www.mattsmusic.com
                    [email protected]
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Ya Matt, where is mine [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Ah, I got time [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll send you an email today, Matt. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

There's currently 60 orders? Wow! It will probably be at least a year then I bet.

Comment

Yup, unless you're lucky!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            ....There's currently 60 orders?

[/ QUOTE ]
                            From ONE dealer, there are a few more than that worldwide [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
                            Wow! It will probably be at least a year then I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Be glad if it takes a year, that´s been "slightly fast" for quite some time now.... But even if they started tomorrow I don´t think they´d be able to manage in under 3-4 months.... finishing alone takes a few weeks if it´s done right and let to cure properly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Be glad if it takes a year, that´s been "slightly fast" for quite some time now.... But even if they started tomorrow I don´t think they´d be able to manage in under 3-4 months.... finishing alone takes a few weeks if it´s done right and let to cure properly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was expecting it to take a while. I don't want any highend graphics, just a solid color so maybe it won't be that bad of a wait. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X