Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 Truss Rod Hex Key

Hello,

I have a new Strat headstock PC1 which I can't find the truss rod hex key for. I've tried every key I have, and none work. I'm wondering if the hex nut is stripped, 'cause when I look at it, the "hex" shape in the nut is not real defined, which is strange, since I just bought it and haven't ever adjusted the truss rod.

What size is a PC1 Truss Rod Hex key? I assume it's 3/16". Regular or ball end? I've tried both, and neither will lock into the nut. Is it shaped differently than a typical "L" hex? Any help would be greatly appreciated, since the neck relief is ~5/64", and needs to be lowered.

Re: PC1 Truss Rod Hex Key

Try a 4mm key.
    I do believe the new truss rods use a metric key.
    -Rick

Comment

Just an update...After taking my beloved Solar PC1 to several Jackson/Fender dealers, the consensus opinion was that the truss rod hex nut was stripped. The guitar has been sent back to the factory for a new neck. Kudos to Jackson/Fender Customer Support, The Music Zoo (where I purchased the guitar), The White House of Music & Good 'N Loud Music for their assistance on finding the root cause of my intonation problem!

Comment

never heard that before.

Comment

Until this happened to me, I'd never in a million years have been worried about a stripped nut on a brand new guitar. But, it happened, and Jackson has been very helpful in getting it resolved; I'm impressed both with their customer service and their dealer network. Great folks all around!

Comment

My new PC1 has this EXACT problem, and is being handled as well......Wierd.

Shawn
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Just got my PC-1 back; wow, what a difference! The neck feels great! No more high action, just buttery smooth legato without having to crank the gain.
              [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X