24.75" scale Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 24.75\" scale Jacksons

How did you get the knobs out of the way on that one???

Comment

Yeah, I'm starting to realize I'm going to have to figure out what I really want and what I just would like. The inlays I guess don't really matter that much too me. Yours would work [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That is a pretty nice one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        How did you get the knobs out of the way on that one???

[/ QUOTE ]
        US Fusions normally have volume & tone knobs with a toggle between to activate the onboard preamp. When I bought this one, someone had removed the switch, moved the volume knob to replace it & filled the old volume hole.

They had also converted it to H-H and popped an EMG81 in the bridge position. So that's how I came to have a H-H US Fusion.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I prefer the offset dot inlays, or centered dots. I guess i might be in the minority at this forum.

Comment

I like offset dots too. I like that most of the fretboard wood is left unspoilt. It's the next best thing to no inlays at all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Off-Set Dots rock!! You guys may have picked my next inlay. Jack.

Comment

I want an sls!!!i'm searching for it on ebay, but the only one( a beautiful custom shop with maple fingerboard) is not to be shipped to italy

Comment

I just got my first sls recently and it's the best guitar I've ever played. You will be happy when you find one. Very happy.

Comment

Re: 24.75\" scale Jacksons- Stupid Question

Dumb question.
                    I have been playing for like nearly a decade, and have owned only 25.5" scale axes.
                    With the 24.75" scale guitars, the fret spacing is smaller..right?

slevy007
                    metal. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Dumb question.
                      I have been playing for like nearly a decade, and have owned only 25.5" scale axes.
                      With the 24.75" scale guitars, the fret spacing is smaller..right?

slevy007
                      metal. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, but ever so slightly. Your talking 3/4" spread over 24 frets and down to the bridge.

Comment

Usually the bodies are a little smaller as well. Not a lot but enough to make them more comfortable, at least to me.

Comment

If you were to line the nuts up on a 25.5 and a 24.75 scale The 12th fret ends , 24.75 , ends up just about in the middle of the 11th and 12th fret.Not a huge difference but if you have smaller hands it does make things a little easier IMO.
                          Mike
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

That's a good point. But I do notice that the fret spacing is IMHO better on my 22-fret Kramer, then on my 24-Fret Ibanez RG570. I don't know what the difference is between 22 and 24 fret, versus different scales.

metal

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              That's a good point. But I do notice that the fret spacing is IMHO better on my 22-fret Kramer, then on my 24-Fret Ibanez RG570. I don't know what the difference is between 22 and 24 fret, versus different scales.

metal

[/ QUOTE ]

If the Kramer and Ibanez are the same scale length, the fret spacing better be the same or something is really wrong.

Measure from the nut to the 12 fret and double it to find the scale length.

Comment

Being 22 or 24 fret doesn't matter as far as scale goes but since the spacing is a little tighter on 24.75" scale guitars it gets pretty tight at the top couple frets. I think the only 24.75" scale guitar Kramer made was the Nightswan but I'm not positive.

Comment

Working...
                                X