24.75" scale Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24.75" scale Jacksons

I just got my first Jackson which is an SLS and I really like it. I got it mainly because of the scale, which is 24.75". I started poking around and it looks like the only other short scale model is the KV2T. I'm not really familar with the different Jacksons yet and don't know anything about the older ones. I checked out their website but only found those two across the entire product line, unless I missed it. Does anybody out there know of other short scale models currently offered? What about older models that might come up on the used market?

Re: 24.75\" scale Jacksons

All Fusions are 24.75" scale, pop up used quite frequently [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

My archtop is the holy grail of the 24.75"s! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

someone told me 750xl's are 24.75" too. I would love to know all the models that are 24.75" I also prefer this size scale.

Comment

My old JJP (Jackson Junior Paul) was 24.75" scale, too.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

As for older models, I know about these:

All Jackson and Charvel Fusions, Charvel 750XL, Jackson SS, Jackson AT Pro, and the early USA and Pro model Jackson Warriors (the models with the slanted fretboard end and dual singlecoil sized bridge pickups).

I would guess also the Jackson JJP?
            EDIT: Thanks toe! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Did the SLSMG ever come with the 24.75" scale, or has it always been 25.5"??

Comment

KV2Ts are Gibson-scale as well(although I think the first batch went out as 25.5").

Comment

I started looking around at the Fusion models and they look pretty cool. Are there any gotchas or models to avoid? After I recover from paying for this one I might have to look for a good used US made Fusion. It would be nice to have one with a floyd on it. It seems from just some quick research most are h/s/s, have floyds, 24 frets, bolt ons, with various colors/graphics.

Comment

Do not discount the early Professional 1990-1991 they are every bit as good as the USA.They must have a Ebony fret board to be the same.As the latter Pros had cheaper hardware and rosewood board.They both came with the same pickups and trems.The only difference between the two is the USA version has a oiled neck the the PRO has a satin finish.
                    Mike
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Do not discount the early Professional 1990-1991 they are every bit as good as the USA.They must have a Ebony fret board to be the same.As the latter Pros had cheaper hardware and rosewood board.They both came with the same pickups and trems.The only difference between the two is the USA version has a oiled neck the the PRO has a satin finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one 1990-1991 model Fusion Pro, which has Ebony fretboard, Schaller floyd etc. And I like it so much [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] !
                      Here is some pics of it

Comment

Okay, thanks for the tip. What years were the Fusions offered? So any of the pros with an ebony board would be pretty good as well then?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Okay, thanks for the tip. What years were the Fusions offered? So any of the pros with an ebony board would be pretty good as well then?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Fusions came in 1990, mine Fusion has been made in 1995.

Here is two scans of catalogs (1990 and 1991) scanned by Jani (RR0849):

Comment

Thanks, that helps quite a bit. I never thought about getting an old catalog. How's the heel joint on these? Is it pretty easy to play on? It looks recessed a little. The only bolt on I've played is a pretty old Kramer, which was huge and ugly. I think getting a non-custom shop neck through with a floyd is pretty much a lost cause so a used Fusion is most likely what I will end up with. It sounds like it's a pretty good guitar, I might finally get a short scale 24 fret floyd guitar!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Thanks, that helps quite a bit. I never thought about getting an old catalog. How's the heel joint on these? Is it pretty easy to play on? It looks recessed a little. The only bolt on I've played is a pretty old Kramer, which was huge and ugly. I think getting a non-custom shop neck through with a floyd is pretty much a lost cause so a used Fusion is most likely what I will end up with. It sounds like it's a pretty good guitar, I might finally get a short scale 24 fret floyd guitar!

[/ QUOTE ]

The Neckjoint is typical bolt-on, the heel joint is recessed, but it's little narrow if you're playing highest notes of low-E string.

Comment

Working...
                              X