KV2 comfort while siting and playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 comfort while siting and playing

I know that RR is guite comfortable while siting and playing, but i have never played KV guitar, so can anyone tell me is it more or less comfortable than RR?

Re: KV2 comfort while siting and playing

I sit with all V's the same way and we get along fine. To me, the difference between sitting with a KV or a RR are minute.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

A KV is much easier to sit with.... you put the each wing on one side of your right leg... the bottom wing rests against your calf and unlike a Rhoads, it basically just "floats" in a playing position.

Rhoads do not play the greatest sitting down, IMO, you have to keep your legs squeezed together or the neck will want to lay down next to you... The KV does not do this.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thank you, it helps a lot.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          A KV is much easier to sit with.... you put the each wing on one side of your right leg... the bottom wing rests against your calf and unlike a Rhoads, it basically just "floats" in a playing position.

Rhoads do not play the greatest sitting down, IMO, you have to keep your legs squeezed together or the neck will want to lay down next to you... The KV does not do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

1+

Comment

me too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I must be in the minority I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I notice really no difference. The bottom side of the body rests on my left knee and gives me the angle I want. To each their own, more RR's for me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

very useful post, i was thinking that rr was more confortable than kv while playing on sit.

Comment

I play RR with strap (set pretty short) while sitting and can adjust it anyway I like.
                    Because I don't say it
                    Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

I just never could get really used to playing my KV while sitting. i found the short strap method best, followed by the wing on either side of the right leg.
                      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Ditto. For me a KV is the most comfortable guitar to play sitting down. Soloists, LPs, Vipers, SGs, Mockingbirds they all are too parallel to the ground for my taste when sitting down. I guess it is just a matter of what you are used to. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's an idea. Just stand up!!!!!!
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Here's an idea. Just stand up!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

End of thread. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I figured that out 4 years ago and didn't have any problems ever since. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            Especially recommended for import V's with the jack in the lower wing like the KVX10 and RX10D. Never bothered me.
                            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                            X