What Strings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Strings?

I used to use DR nines on my RR1 which sounded good but I resently switch to Daddario nines because DRs are too much money and the daddario's sounds just as good as the DRs. hahahahaahhahah i'd say it was a good switch.

Comment

What Strings?

I've tried tons of strings and like GHS 9-46 best.

Comment

I had a set of Dean Markley strings and loved them. I can't find them anymore. They were electric something or other, God I wish I remembered.

I use EB Light top, Heavy Bottoms a lot. Recently got some Boomers and they feel pretty nice too. Not muck for D'addarios. Then again, these aren't on any USA Jacksons of mine. Probably because I don't have any USA Jackons... of... mine.

Comment

I just re-read the question...

Jackson used to ship with D'Addarios, though since Fender bought them, I'm not sure...
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The spec sheet for the models on the Jackson website say NPS XL strings. Personally, I use GHS Boomers 9-42s for my guitars with Floyds. The one string-thru I have I use Boomers 10-52.

Comment

I've been using Ernie Ball's srings for years on Floyds and never had a problem.

Oh, and I use the Ernie Balls with my Seymour Duncans too. I've used pretty much all the main string brands but for me they just feel like the best.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                What brand strings come from the manufacturer on these USA Jacksons?

[/ QUOTE ]
                Used to be DÁddario, but it wouldn´t surprise me if they´re using Fender strings today...

[ QUOTE ]
                Also, I really like Slinky strings, but are they okay to use with the floyd rose? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yes

[ QUOTE ]
                What strings are you using with the Seymour Duncan humbuckers?

[/ QUOTE ]
                DR Tite-Fit 12-52 in standard, GHS Boomers 13-60 for D (set 7M sans High e)

Comment

my favs. are EB Power Slinkys, 11-48
                  right now I use Beefy Slinkys wich are 11-54
                  I always tune to standard E.
                  I'm a heavy whammy bar user, these strings don't go out of tune and they sound the best to my ears.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

GHS boomers 10-46

Comment

I recently been turned onto Curt Mangan Strings. He used to work with EB, now makes his own strings. They are slinky like EBs, but I like the tone a bit better. Plus they are like a $1 cheaper a pack.

slevy007

Comment

I use Ernie ball Slinkys 13-58
                        I tune B-B [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I never knew what Jackson shipped 'em with, but these days, I'd say Fender strings is a really good guess. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Slinky strings work great with a Floyd Rose.

Personally, I have used GHS Boomers, .009-.042 for many years with zero problems, on many guitars, with all sorts of pickups (DiMarzio, EMG, Seymour Duncan, Jackson, etc.), and always with some kinda Floyd. I recently switched my electrics to Elixirs .009-.046, after hearing the great improvement that Elixirs made for my acoustic. On the electrics, they're nice but seem quite similar to Boomers to me, so I guess I'll probably switch back.

Comment

Wow a lot of you guys use 9's huh?

Comment

weak fingers [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                weak fingers [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that now. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X