No announcement yet.

Right price or still a bit high (RR1).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right price or still a bit high (RR1).

Hi,

I have been looking to find a RR1 in my neighborhood for a while now, and finally managed to find someone that has a nice one.
    It's about the same model as the one in this thread, but without the gold hardware and with seymour duncans,
    the serial says it's a 2000 Ontario model (starts with UO).
    The seller says he got it off of ebay and it's in mint condition, the lowest price he offered was 1250 euros (about 1,518.32 USD).

So, my question is whether this is a good price or if i should try to get some more off of it (his original asking price was 1550 euros (1880USD), considering I see RR1's go on ebay for about 1100USD.

greetings and thanks.

Re: Right price or still a bit high (RR1).

Well you should consider that the new prices of usa made jacksons in europe are much higher. I would say that 1250 euros is a good price if the guitar is in good shape. You really can't compare it to the american ebay prices. A usa jackson costs at least $1000 more here than in america. So of course the second hand prices are also higher.

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

If it's in good condition, I'd say that's an OK price for europe, not a steal, but not a rip-off either. Of course you could get one shipped from the USA, but by the time you've paid shipping and tax, you won't have saved much, and it's probably not worth it for the hassle and the risk of damage in transit.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        If it's in good condition, I'd say that's an OK price for europe, not a steal, but not a rip-off either. Of course you could get one shipped from the USA, but by the time you've paid shipping and tax, you won't have saved much, and it's probably not worth it for the hassle and the risk of damage in transit.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 on all counts

Comment

Thanks for your help guys, I can go think and make a decision now (that'll be hard) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Comment

if you can't import one from the states i'd say that it's an ok price

Comment

Figure you're going to pay about $200 US for shipping, and whatever VAT, GST or other import duties you might have... up to 15%? So another $150 and you're probably about even with buying one from the US... but you have the luxury of seeing it before you buy it, then you're doing alright.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

check out guitarasylum.com
                There one of the US's biggest Jackson dealers, with pretty good prices.
                Shipping shouldn't be that over the top. Also, it would brand new!

slevy007 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, problem is that I might run into problems with extra costs through customs and all that if I import from the US (and probably Japan as well, those Jackson stars series looked nice as well though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

Comment

if u consider importing, PM me.. maybe I can help..
                    always nice to see a fellow countryman turnin' up
                    [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Great, I will, thanks.
                      [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X