X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Top DK1?

Is it posible to order an Arch top DK1?
    has it ever been done? any estimate?
    I am talking about real flame maple top on mahogany back, not verneer like DKMGs. standard DK1 neck with floyd.
    btw, how long is the custom order lead time now?

Re: Arch Top DK1?

Pretty much anything is possible if you can afford it. To get an estimate on cost use the Jackson quote form and get a retail price...take about 35% off that. Times vary so anywhere between 10-15 months I'd say is a safe bet.
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

I almost ordered an archtop for my custom. I decided against it but it is possible.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I almost ordered an archtop for my custom. I decided against it but it is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
        oh, yeah! you got that awesome PC with trans bangal on flame! nice touch. how thick is the maple top on yours? and do you think it affects the tone?
        I am thinking about this because I really like the tone of the RGA I tried before chrismas. noticably more focus notes on high E than full mahogany body.

Comment

Thanks, it's an 1/8" top. I don't have much to compare it against but it seems a little brigher. It has a nice sound to it unplugged. Not sure if that's the maple or the mahogany.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Is it posible to order an Arch top DK1?
            has it ever been done?

[/ QUOTE ]

DCGL did a run of 30 of them. 10 each in Natural, Trans-Black and RootBeer.

There was an extra body, without as much maple flame on it as the others, so Jason said to make it in the glow in the dark style, and I snapped that one from them

Comment

Upcharge for archtop is 180 (more for the PC-1 Archtop special because of its unique bodystyle for the archtop and its size) and the upcharge for the top is 180 for a 1/8 or if you want something that really will impact your tone, a 3/4 top is 300. Anything is possible with the custom shop. My custom is an archtop Death Angel, with a 3/4 cap. I almost got an archtop warrior or Kelly but decided to stick with what I had always wanted even though it would no longer be "the first of its kind".

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                ...take about 35% off that. Times vary so anywhere between 10-15 months I'd say is a safe bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

take 35% off? . is the 10-15 month wait the cause of that? it used to be 3-6 months. any idea as to why it's got so long?
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Its never been 3 to 6 months....not as long as I can remember. It used to be much longer. Wait times have been cut considerably since FMIC acquired the name.

The 35% off is unrelated, the price on the quote form is the base prices and dealers discount accordingly. It varies based on the dealer but no one charges actual. I am not sure how MAP relates to custom shop guitars, if at all.

Comment

i would need the 35% reduction after customs stick scummy import tax on top of the total cost..
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Its never been 3 to 6 months....not as long as I can remember. It used to be much longer. Wait times have been cut considerably since FMIC acquired the name.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I remember the pre-fender lead time was 12 months. Is it shorter than that now?

Comment

There is an archtop Rhoads on the Jackson Gallery Page.

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/custom...to_gallery.php

Comment

Yea I was just gonna point that one out. Thats fucking killer! And unrelated but so is that astounding Dan Lawrence Blue/Green Ghost Flames over Quilt. Just goes to show that you can do pretty much anything with the custom shop. The only limit is your imagination (and your wallet).

Lead time now is 10-15. Though the lead time was supposedly 12 pre fender it seemed most people I know that got customs were having a 15-18 months wait, some more. I think it just got more consistent with the acquisition by FMIC.

Comment

Matt at Matt's Music had an Archtop Dinky in Camo w/an M-16 at the 12th. Check out his website (I think I saw it there a couple of weeks ago).

Comment

Working...
                            X