No announcement yet.

Custom Shop DEMON Arrives !!!!! (PICS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom Shop DEMON Arrives !!!!! (PICS)

That is a beautiful guitar.. congrats on the acquisition! Enjoy it!

Comment

That is truely a work of art. Congrats

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

nice.

Comment

Great guitar man....

Comment

Congrats!
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Pretty, but it looks upsidedown... lol

Why are you pissed about the setup? Everybody likes their guitars set up their way... I would probably hate the way you set up your neck and you'd probably just as much hate mine... there is no way any dealer or manufacturer can deal with this other than just set it up reasonably well with the pickups backed off and let YOU set it up the way you want.

I set up every guitar I buy new or used, and that's just to be expected and blaming Jackson, especially being mad, is just silly. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, and wtf is up with your pics? RESIZE. lol Nice guitar, glad you're happy with it.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Very sweet, congrats!
                  Love the colour with maple board.

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

looks stunning !!

iinteresting idea to prolongate the upper horn, making it defintely different from mine.

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

One of the most beautiful jacksons i've ever seen! Congrats!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        One of the most beautiful jacksons i've ever seen! Congrats!

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad it was sent to an ungrateful little weenie. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...;Number=630193
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Too bad it was sent to an ungrateful little weenie. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...;Number=630193

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice comment there pal. You spend this kind of money and then have to do an entire set up yourself. This is the only guitar I have ever seen set up this poorly and I have had tons of guitars.
                          Pick ups were an inch below the strings - an inch!. The strings were bottoming out on the frets - totally bottoming out! The guitar could not even be played when I first got it.
                          The Floyd had to be adjusted a FULL TURN on each side.
                          The truss rod had to be adjusted a QUARTER TURN - do you understand how much that is for a truss rod?

What kind of impression would this make on someone who did not know how to do this kind of stuff. They would either have to spend money to send it back to the dealer for set up or take it to a local shop - either way it would cost money.
                          Is that the impression Jackson as a business should set?
                          Is that fair to the customer? Is that the kind of service and impression you would give?
                          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Thats very strange shredder, I mean people complained of setups on the Greenie's but it wasn't as severe as what you described, this sounds almost like the guitar was never even setup when it left Jackson, that somehow that was missed. This was the guitar that had to be redone to some extent right? I wonder if that confusion is part of the problem. I would talk to Matt (or wherever you got it from) about this, and see what he has to say because this sounds pretty unusual. I don't think its a dealer thing either.

All that being said I think your putting a little too much emphasis on this, considering how killer the guitar looks and how great you say it played once it was setup it sounds like you got what you wanted and in the scheme of things this issue with the setup is maybe not minor, but certainly not a major issue. I mean your right it would cost someone like me extra money. I can set up a guitar myself but with new guitars wether they are NOS or factory new I always have them set up professionally, so its done right. However thats 30 bucks. Not much when you consider how much the guitar cost. And to be honest I never expect any guitar to be perfect out of the box. Maybe its just me but when I get my custom I intend to take it to my local guy that I trust for a set up. Even if its good out of the box its 30 bucks well spent just to make sure its in top shape.

Comment

The conclusion is clear, some UPS guy played a pretty cool guitar last week. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

This sounds like a total miss on Jackson's part. It's one thing to adjust he pickups a little bit but an inch? They screwed up this one it seems. Doesn't matter if the guitar looks great. If it wasn't setup properly at all then he needs to work with Matt to get it right. Especially for the kind of money he is paying for a customer shop. Can you tell from the hang tag who did the setup?

I was lucky the setup on mine was outstanding.
                                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X