No announcement yet.

Custom Shop DEMON Arrives !!!!! (PICS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom Shop DEMON Arrives !!!!! (PICS)

his complaint was legit. the 4000+ mile travel argument doesn't hold up to well really. i see the guys at GC pull guitars fresh out of the box that are setup much better than that. now let's walk through how that works. the guitar is made in some factory in asia, gets stuffed in a cheap box, sits on a dock in a container for who knows how long, then it spends a nice long time on a ship, then it sits in it's container for who knows how long on the dock in the US, then it gets pushed to a distributor, then it gets sent to GC, the salesman pulls it out of the box, tunes it (maybe), and there you have it. pretty much every epiphone, ibanez, schecter, Squier, etc. goes through basically the same journey before landing on the GC showroom.

there is no way the type of setup he described should have ended up in a customer's hands. if it arrived at the dealer's in that condition the dealer should have taken care of it. that doesn't seem to happen though does it. heck, the dealer's these days don't even open the box up at all before they stick another shipping label on it. so at that point why have the dealers at all?
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That's a beauty. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] How's the upper fret access?

Comment

I totally dig the color on that thing... the gold trem against that wood is well amazing to say the least.

Comment

I love the fingerboard - this is exactly what it should look like: flame maple and scalloped. Possibly even for all frets [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

WOW! Nice.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              That's a beauty. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] How's the upper fret access?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the key questions I always wonder about a guitar also.
              Its OK not outstanding. Roughly the same as my PC1.

I was hoping to have a little better access like the Hamer Californian I have (but that is a 27 fret neck also so I don't know if that is a fair comparison).

FIRST the heel is fairly large - it is scalloped but larger than the PC1. Almost like a Charvel. It has a little better sustain than my PC1 - I was comparing them last night. I have been wondering if maybe increased sustain is perhaps partly due to more mass at the body/neck joint because I modeled this guitar after that PC1 - same neck, same bridge pick up, same Floyd, same wood combo - everything except body shape and headstock shape.

SECOND, the radius of the horns could be larger to allow more hand access. I don't know if the body would look funny if this were done or not. I would have to see it I guess. I can still get my hand in there but it could have more room between the lower horn and the neck.

THIRD the horns are scalloped. But the lower horn could have maybe 3/8 of an inch more bevel or cut out in it. This would allow your hand a little more room.

I think there are trade offs with every guitar. I don't think there is such a thing as the ultimate perfect guitar.

I think these 3 above things would give it better access but then again I wonder if a smaller heel would change the sustain or resonance and perhaps the body may look funny if the lower horn were cut out more.

Still love the guitar though. Of all the things about a guitar to me the neck is the most important thing and this neck is just awesome - perfect for my hand. And the tone and articulation are great.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Beautiful guitar. I'd love a neck thru version.

Regarding the setup, to me that is 100% unacceptable, especially since it's a custom order. I don't even want to know what you paid for it. I would be more forgiving if it was just a USA Select, but for the custom shop to spend all that time on it and not set it up perfectly...heresy!

Sounds like you set it up to your taste and that it's a great player. Congratulations!

Comment

Big Congrats!!! always want a demon myself.

Comment

very nice quilt. almost looks like its on fire [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      very nice quilt. almost looks like its on fire [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, that would be Flamed Maple! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Damn nice Demon bro! I've been thinking about these for a while and I will have one! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      (and mine better be set up nice or I'll drive straight to the dealer and whoop his ass!) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

MM2002: I am thinking about getting another one right now because this one is so nice - this is the most killer guitar I have ever played.

I would have been happy if the sustain and tone were as good as my PC1. To my suprise the tone on the Demon is more focused and the sustain is even better. I have played them side by side and I can't believe it when I hear the two next to one another - and the PC1 I have is incredible - it was a NAMM demo.

I will never get rid of either guitar. But now I have a design concept to allow upper fret access similar to an Ibanez. The neck heel on this guitar is like a Charvel - fairly large. The lower horn is fairly close to the neck.

I have emailed Matt to see if I can get one of these with as little of heel at the neck joint as possible. But my question to Jackson is whether a smaller neck heel would affect tone or sustain. I have been on a guitar builders forum - guys that make their own guitars as a hobby. They tell me as long as you have a tight connection and the neck does not shift there will be no difference in tone and sustain. But I want to hear what Jackson has to say.
                        Then I want to get the radius of the horns increased. The radius is smaller than the radius of my PC1 or a Soloist so the horns are closer to the neck. So I want to redesign the body to get the horns farther out from the neck. To do this would require an increase in radius where they curve out from the body.
                        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                        X