Clear All

Re: Strange Soloist - only 400made?

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Serial number starting with J = MIJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

?!?!? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well this is correct for an import neck-thru, isn't it? The japanese Charvel neck-thrus started with a "C" and then 6 digits. I have two of these, so that much is clear. I thought the same was true for the japanese Jackson neck-thrus, only "J" + six digits? Someone remind me here.

Comment

J + 4 digits for an '80s era USA Soloist

J + 6 digits for an import

He hasn't said how many digits, but I'm still willing to bet it's a student model, because it wouldn't make much sense to get rid of the 5-way & put in 3 mini-toggles or to replace just about any trem with a JT-6.

Comment

It´s not worth anywhere near 2000 Euros, I can tell you that much right away.

Comment

Ahh, i missed the fact it has three mini switches... Can't be Japanese then, unless like Newc said, it's a model 5 with a Jackson logo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            JT-6 date it to before Japan production

[/ QUOTE ]

The use of the JT-6 dates to somewhere around a year after Charvels started production in Japan. During 87-89 the JT-6 was used on both Japanese Charvels and US built Jackson guitars.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

You are absolutely right, but I figured we were talking about Jacksons. Can't assume anything though, so I should've added "of Jacksons" there.

Comment

Working...
              X