Neck type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck type

I think I've asked this before, but here it goes again. I'm in the process of a CS order and have a small problem. As the title may have pointed out, the neck type.

The form asks for standard or speed like KV2. All I've had is imports until I bought an SL2H a couple of weeks ago so I don't know what standard or the KV2 is like. I do know the SL2H I have is thin and narrow. It's perfect for me so in comparison which one is the closest to the one I have or the thinest, the standard or KV2?
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Re: Neck type

Closest to your SL2H would be the standard. The KV2 speedneck is a little thinner. Good luck with your CS order!
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

If you're unsure, definitely try to find a KV2 to play before you place your order. I've heard about people who don't like the "speed neck" profile at all, and it would be kinda silly to take a chance when there's so much money involved.

Comment

The speed neck on the KV2 is the sweetest thing to ever grace the face of the earth.
        I love mine.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The speed neck on the KV2 is the sweetest thing to ever grace the face of the earth.
          I love mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? What is it you like so much about it? Can you compare it to an SL2H or DKMG?
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Standard would be like your SL2H, but specify that on your order form before you fax it off and your dealer will pass that on to the factory - good luck!!
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Also if you can find any soloist in 1995-96 the neck profile is almost the same as the speed neck (they used to make soloist with thinner profile). I have a dkmg and its a little bit wider. Perfection.

Comment

Interesting, so my SL2 from '96 had a speed neck?!
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

What the thinnest the CS will do?? What wood type wood be strongest, or best for a real thin neck? I like'em slim!!
                  I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                  X