Custom Order 7 string.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Order 7 string.

[img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] I recently put a custom shop order in for a BCR(I've been using them for years). However, I've been flipping sides ever since. I've been thinking of changing the order over to Jackson since my USA Soloist is just incredible (ie: neck & action contruction is flawless, it seems indestructible and the guitar has been extreemly reliable since I received it!) BCR hasn't gotten back to the dealer with the Build-Sheet, so I'm sure there's still time. I'm sure there gassed on NAMM right now.

Here's the specs.

7 string King V, red bevels, red head stock & board binding, Ebony board w/reversed sharkfin, reversed headstock, Floyd 7(yeah, I like Floyds), Duncan JB-7(b)/Jazz-7(n), volume, 3-way.

That's it, does anyone have experience with 7 string Jacksons here? A neck/playability review would be great. How long have some of you waited?

Re: Custom Order 7 string.

I can't contribute on the 7 string side of things, but as far as CS wait times:

I ordered a quilt top XTRR in Feb 05 and it's expected in April 06. However, I ordered a graphic XTRR in October 05, and they expect it to be completed in a month - make of that what you want [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Hey hey. As far as wait times...I ordered my Warrior in July of 04, and I am still waiting. It is said to be on the way thought. sounds like a cool KV. What color is the body, you did not say?
      LATER!!!
      H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

I spoke to my dealer today, ironically I was over a friend's house and the dealer called to answer a few questions about his potential order. Anyway, my order has been confirmed with BCR so I may order this Jackson later in the year. I don't want to end up with two custom shop bills at the same time. The specs are still the same for the BCR with the exception of diamond inlays & Beast head stock. The body color is black.

Comment

My XTRR was ordered Nov 2004, and it's in the build stages now... so I guess they're doing the run of XTRRs now...
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have two custom shop Jackson 7 strings... they play better than any other 7 string I've touched. Much better than the import Jackson 7 strings, and better than any Schecter/Ibanez/ESP/LTD as well. I waited 14-16 months for each of mine.
            ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I have a 7 string custom on order with Jackson. I've dealt with BC Rich in the past on customs as have many people I know. I will never deal with them again on a custom order. They mess up the most simple and basic things and honestly, I've YET to see anyone I know get their custom from BC Rich without something being screwed up on it (this includes MAJOR issues with specs). If you can change over to Jackson, I don't think you'll regret it!
              Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

I have one now, and one ordered. First one (7 string soloist) took just over a year to get (5 years ago), second one (KV 7 string) has been a year now, and counting.
                My CS 7 string soloist neck is excellent. Feels great!! I say skip the BCR.
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Might be too late to get out of the order if it was confirmed but if you can I too would reccommend it. BC Rich is not what they used to be, even a few years ago. Even back in 02 they were having alot of problems getting custom specs right. I've only heard that since it has gotten worse. I don't know any recent buyers to confirm this though. But BC Rich is not the great custom shop it used to be. Its just not the company it used to be period. A very sad thing.

Comment

I'll have to agree with that. I've got a few older custom shops and never had any issues with them. Thankfully, my custom shops didn't fall through the cracks like others a few years ago. At this point I can't change anything regarding my order, but I'm going to place a Jackson order with Matt's in a few weeks.

It's wierd, I've been playing BCR forever(80's) and Jackson the past 6mo's+. They're both great and I flip back and forth with what I like better every day and at times feel obligated to BCR. Anyway, the Jackson sounds so much thicker and I guess the fact that I've played it every show since receiving it says alot.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I feel a loyalty to BC Rich as well, but my loyalty stays with the vintage stuff and not the new. Like it was said, they're not the same company they used to be. They just make the same shapes (some of which they still can't get right as in they refuse to build the Bich 6 string body correctly). They do come out with the occasional beautiful guitar, and some of the new ones play and sound great, but it seems rare. Hopefully they'll get it together on your order. The newer BC Rich's I own still do not compare to the new Jacksons!

Scott
                      Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

I've got a Jackson Stars Soloist 7 that is just as good as my USA Soloist. The contrast between a current import and USA model is the same contrast between my Stars and the three CS sevens I have played (both of Matt's, and Mike's Soloist). They're amazing pieces.

Comment

screw bcr, in with jackson. i've only been able to afford imports. i currently own just a wrmg. the difference in sound and build quality was so immediate for me. i suspect the same construction techniques would apply to usa versions. bcr doesn't appear to have a usa select series, making usa bcr's more inaccessible because they cost so much. i'd rather spend £2000 on a wr1 than £3500 on a minimal spec "custom" ironbird that still suffers from neckdive and sounds like shit or only half-decent. not only that, the bcr would be imported to the uk by rosetti who sent me 4 nj ironbird speedloaders, all of which had trem, pickup, and cosmetic faults. the necks on 2 replacements were completely twisted. fender uk aren't perfect either but at least i could play the bloody thing. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]. i feel a little better now...
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

As Noodles mentioned, I have a CS Soloist 7. It's hands down the best guitar I've ever played. I know a couple of Rich 7 users, and one was unimpressed by his latest CS 7 string...

My Jackson took 18 months. That was pre-Fender, though, and I understand that wait times are supposed to be down a bit.
                            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

its a shame wait times are so ridiculously lengthy (especially in the uk where they usually want all the money upfront). but then i suppose if you want it to perfect, you have to be patient..
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X