Very disappointed with my SL2HT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very disappointed with my SL2HT

Hey all, I know I don't post here much but I do come in a few times a week and catch up on my reading. Great bunch with lots of good advice.

I'm almost sorry I bought this Soloist. It's back in the shop again for the same problem, a hump in the neck, strings rattle so bad you can hear them through the amp almost as bad as the note your playing. BTW it's 4 1/2 months old.

I'm disappointed that QC isn't better for a guitar of this price and I'm disappointed in FMIRC for not having better and more choices for repair facilities, in a town with just under 2 million people. There is only 1 guy here authorized to repair these things and from what I'm told he only comes in once a week to work on special projects. There are piles and piles of guitars waiting to be worked on and the only ones doing the work are his apprentices. This is total BS!!!!! I have a MIJ Strat and a India built KE3 that play better then this thing.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest.

Re: Very disappointed with my SL2HT

Why don't you chew the guy out and tell him you're taking your business elsewhere? Granted there may not be another business elsewhere for you, but he doesn't have to know that.

Comment

I'm sure he knows...this is one instance where maybe you should call Jackson. There is a post by the mods in the "Ask Jackson" area about contacting them. I agree this is unacceptable, but this is also something Jackson needs to be made aware of.

Comment

if there is a hump in the neck that wasnt caused by someone overtightening the trussrod then it should be returned for a NEW guitar.

Comment

So, uh... I'm assuming you smoked the warranty card?
          or, if you didn't get it new why didn't you return it?
          I mean, humps don't just show up a month later, unless you screwed with something.... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            So, uh... I'm assuming you smoked the warranty card?
            or, if you didn't get it new why didn't you return it?
            I mean, humps don't just show up a month later, unless you screwed with something.... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the original sales receipt and the tag. I didn't return it because I refuse to do anymore business with Ed Roman, I think you can understand why.

The hump was there from the beginning, it is not the first time I've complained about the same exact problem.I didn't notice it when I bought it. My regular tech is the one that noticed it. He's not a warranty repair facility so he wouldn't fix it without charging me.

I have contacted customer care and have returned it back to the repair shop per there instructions. They are now aware of the shop and how they work.

Comment

Awesome, I hope this resolves the issue. If you continue to have problems you might be able to get a resolution here but that should only be a last resort.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your SL2HT. I hope that FMIRC/Jackson can and should resolve this issue for you granted the guitar has a manufacturing defect.
                "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

You bought it from Ed Roman??? That was your first mistake. I would have still taken it back and had it out with that fuck. Either way, you're not going to buy from him again. What have you got to lose? Does Ed have any happy customers?
                  "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                  I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

On a positive note, I love the finish, feel, balance and tone of this guitar. I would buy another if it were stolen or smashed to bits. As a person that twisted wrenches for 25 years I can tell you that this stuff does happen and you have to deal with it.

I'm sure this was a rare occurrence on Jackson's QC dept. If Fender continues to buy out guitar manufactures then they should prep themselves for all the warranty work and not leave good paying customers hanging for quality repairs.

Comment

If it has a defect, I imagine they will replace it. Ed Roman [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] Buy off of one our boys on the board [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        You bought it from Ed Roman??? That was your first mistake. I would have still taken it back and had it out with that fuck. Either way, you're not going to buy from him again. What have you got to lose? Does Ed have any happy customers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I live about 2 miles from his store. His sales dept. has always treated me well. Better prices then GC and way better selection. His service Dept. has fucked up every guitar they touched. They are the reason I will not buy from him.

Ed is still in business so I guess he does have a few happy customers.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          If it has a defect, I imagine they will replace it. Ed Roman [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] Buy off of one our boys on the board [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can ever afford another one I will buy from Scott. Called and talked to him a few months ago. Very nice guy.

Comment

Good, you got it covered, but, even if,"this stuff does happen" you don't have to deal with it. If I buy a straight up new guitar and it's junk, it's gone. Ed Roman? you shoulda stomped his ass for a new one man!

Comment

My sl1 has been through hell, and it still plays awesome!! I don't think you can blame Jackson! Blame whoever messed with it!
                              I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                              X